My partner pick out this Bed & Breakfast via the internet. It is a well decorated, comfortable and inviting place. When we arrived we were greeted by a builder working in one of the first floor rooms, as the owner was out on an errand. The builder a very pleasant man, was told to expect us and so provided us with our room key and advised us that the owner would be back later to advise us on the facilities. We found our room on the second floor and entered the room. My first impressions were of a well decorated, light and airy room. My partner I think was a little disappointed as she had booked what was described as a 'superior' room, but was smaller than she had expected. There was room to walk around the double bed, with bed side cabinets either side, flat screen tv on the wall, a small travel kettle with tea, coffee and milk. Biscuits and small bowl of chocolates. There was also a small decanter of sherry with two glasses. Nice sized wardrobe and chest of draws on which stood the kettle etc. The room also had en suite, with shower and bath. The en suite was clean and modern, however the bath was very small which, I at 5' 8" felt as though I was bathing in a sink !!!!!
I met the owner as I went back an forth to our car as I collected our luggage. A very pleasant and helpful man. He advised me that there were gym and swimming facilitates at our disposal at the hotel next door if we so wished.
The windows provided a very nice view of the town and of lake Windernere, however, the windows were only single glazed and suffered with condensation first thing in the morning.
The heating was very good in the evening and through the night, however, this must have been turned off at some point through the night and so, the room was chilly in the morning.
The breakfast room was very nice. Spacious, high ceiling with good views of the lake. The food was very good as was the service.
Oakbank House is located in Bowness on Windermere itself. There are plenty of places to dine out within the town, with a few shops and a Tesco express.
We spent three comfortable nights at Oakbank and would stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a Cumbria Quality Assured Guest House in the centre of Bowness on Windermere overlooking Lake Windermere and the Langdale Pikes. 11 Of our rooms are en-suite. All have showers and some have a bath and shower. We provide free leisure facilities 150 metres away with a swimming pool, sauna, steam room multi gym and Spa. Prices include breakfast for two. We have free on site parking with free WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, LateRooms and Odigeo so you can book your Oakbank House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oakbank Hotel Bowness On Windermere
- Oakbank Bowness On Windermere
- Oakbank House Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District