“The Love Lodge” 5 of 5 stars

Longtail Hill, Bowness-on-Windermere LA23 3JD, England   |
Leeds, United Kingdom
“The Love Lodge”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Want to impress your partner? Stay here. Want to rekindle the romance? Stay here. Want to sip champagne in an outdoor hot tub? Definitely stay here! It is reasonably expensive to stay here compared to other hotels in the Lakes but oh boy is it worth it. Each room has a different theme and is kitted out with all the mod con’s of a spa bath, large TV, cinema experience etc. There is a good selection of cooked breakfast options and cereal. The hotel is located a 15/20 minute walk from central Bowness or a 5 minute taxi ride (approx. £4 as at December 2014).

Room Tip: Have a good look on the Aphrodite's website as each room has a different theme. I stayed in the...

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We stayed here last weekend for two nights. On arrival we were very impressed with the level of service, as you were personally shown to your room. The room itself (Parisian Suite) was superb everything I was expecting. The first night we spent drinking in the Hot Tub, it was something special. Breakfast next morning was spot on in fact we didn't even need lunch. On the Saturday I was proposing to my girlfriend , so i paid the extra for rose petals and a rose to be in the room on our return and they were. Once we returned to the hotel after our evening meal we jumped in the whirlpool bath and watched TV in the bath. The only downside to this hotel was the spa. Before we went out on the Saturday we tried the spa out, the pool was fine but the steam room and sauna just didn't get hot, so we just went back to the hot tub. We won't be put of by that just hope that the management have it fixed for our next visit. One further point my Fiancé left a bag in the room and the hotel rang me to let me know, well done to all the staff.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Bolton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This was our second visit, after a perfect one night stay for our anniversary in March we took advantage of a two nights for one offer in the Love Shack. Set slightly away from the hotel, the cabin is spacious, with great luxury features, including steam room, jacuzzi bath, TV in bathroom, smart TV with Blueray in bedroom, log fire, and the outdoor area with private jacuzzi. Fantastic, quirky, and romantic.

Here's the annoying part. I was offered champagne, and bouquet of flowers on arrival as optional extras, which I purchased at the point of booking a few weeks ago. Was very disappointed that on arrival, these were not in the room. Reading between the lines they had not been ordered. We got the champers but were told the flowers would be delivered in the afternoon of the second day. My wife thought this was somewhat pointless so I was given a refund.

The staff did apologise of course, but no real attempt was made to make up for the error, and it took the gloss off things.

Also on check in we had a rather bizarre experience. We were told (as last time) to wait on the couches round the corner from reception, and we would be shown to our room shortly. Whilst waiting I decided to get us a drink from the bar. I asked the girl behind the bar if I could get a drink. She said yes and walked off. The lady from reception then appeared after a discussion with the girl, and said please wait on the couches and someone would be with us shortly. I thanked her and said I was merely trying to get a drink whilst waiting. Another lady then came along and said follow me please to your room.

I asked her if the bar was open and she said yes. We were a bit perplexed and followed her without question. I thought there must have been a misunderstanding, as one of the ladies was English and the other two foreign. My wife thought the English lady was just being ignorant.

We never found out the truth, because We never saw the English lady again to establish what the problem was in getting a drink. The whole check in process is just a bit awkward I suppose, as I remember it being a bit uncomfortable last time.

Nearly forgot, the breakfast was excellent. Dont let this put you off going because the place is fairly unique and a great romantic getaway.

Room Tip: choose one of the cabins in the grounds of the hotel for more unique and quirky experience
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I have never known a hotel make you pay, in full and upfront before you arrive. You cannot pay a deposit for a room so don't have any way of negotiating if you are unhappy. My first payment to this hotel was taken by fraudsters due to the website having a not so secure payment screen. No apology from management, just a message that they had given out my room to someone else and a request to pay again for another room if I wished to stay. Reluctant to pay again using their website, I was told management would not allow me to pay on arrival. Despite this, I paid again as the receptionist was very apologetic and still went. On arriving, we were incredibly impressed with the beautiful room, spa bath, outdoor hot tub and steam room. It was very clean and all of the staff were very polite. We were not so happy however waking up freezing in the morning as the electricity kept tripping. Although they had it sorted by about 11am, the pool area we decided to use whilst waiting for our room to warm up was cold, and the steam room and sauna were cold also. It would have been nice for the hotel to offer even a small gesture (glass of wine or something) as a small apology for the problems we had but this did not happen. It is expensive (£400 for two nights) when you spend half of it waiting for heating and electricity to be fixed and then go to a spa but find yourself unable to use the facilities as they are not working properly.

Room Tip: Love Nest Cabin was slightly away from the hotel, very peaceful and lovely for a romantic break
Yarm, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

When we arrived we were shown around the hotel the decor is clean modern looking xmas decs were lovely. Then we were taken to our cabin we were very impressed amazing room. We couldn't wait to try out the jacuzzi and hot tub. We sat in the hot tub drinking champagne despite the cold weather it was a great experience. We went to reception to ask where's best to eat Naomi was very helpful gave us a folder full of local restaurants and told us of the ones highly recommended. The breakfast was very good plenty to chose from fresh fruit,cereal and a full English. Will definitely come again wish we had stayed a second night to try out the pool and spa. Staff very friendly and go out of the way to help.

• Stayed December 2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Booked for one night, what a surprise not what you would have expected.Themed rooms are a great departure from standard hotel rooms.We stayed in the Iris suite, hot tub, spar bath, steam room.Could not believe that you could fit all that in one suite.Staff were really friendly and helpful. We had a sandwich on arrival in the dining area which is set out really nice and food served till 20:00.Would highly recommend this hotel for a great relaxing break if you like peace and quiet and dont feel you have to do to much.Decor in the iris suite was to a very high standard as are all the suites if ours was anything to go by. All in all a really nice change from the normal hotel breaks. A real credit to owners and staff.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My partner booked for us to come and stay at the aphrodites on the 29th November for 2 nights in the Parisian suite.
This was supposed to be a surprise trip to celebrate my birthday but we were let down by the hotel as the room was canceled without even letting us know. We traveled from Leeds and only realised our room had been canceled as we phoned for directions when we were 5 minutes away.
The rude guy on reception, Darren I believe, was most unhelpful and even seemed to find it funny when my partner asked if there were any other rooms available. We did not find this amusing as we were not given an apology or explanation of why no one had tried to contact us earlier or given any other options. (Next time you cancel or double book a room may I suggest informing the customers so they can make alternate arrangements)

All in all it was a wasted trip and I think the customer service is absolutely abysmal.
Thank you for making my birthday so memorable, it's definitely one I'd rather forget.

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Aphrodites Hotel with Pool and Spa Complex? Share your experiences!