I booked 'The Ultimate Escape' package as a birthday treat for my husband (only our fifth weekend away together in almost nineteen years!) and I couldn't have chosen better. The staff were helpful, friendly and professional. The food was fantastic - afternoon tea on arrival which was deceptively very filling, a four course evening meal (we stopped after five courses as we couldn't eat another mouthful, therefore didn't get to sample the coffee and petit fours) and breakfast the next morning - freshly made Danish, orange juice and a choice of hot food. The hotel itself was lovely and in good repair, it looked as though the outside was being refurbished. The surroundings were breathtaking - we could see Lake Windermere from our bed! I only wish we lived closer as I wouldn't hesitate to book another stay. The only thing I would do differently would be to book the afternoon tea for the day of departure rather than the day of arrival as even spreading the meals out as much as we were able, we were still too full to really appreciate the evening meal. Top marks from us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4 Star hotel, 30 bedrooms & 9 self catering lodges set in 17 acres of grounds on the shores of Lake Windermere with a Three AA Rosette award winning restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Storrs Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Storrs Hall Hotel Windermere
- Hotel Storrs Hall
- Storrs Hall Windermere
- Storrs Hall Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District