“Fantastic, friendly attentive staff and great ambiance.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel

You added Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel to your Saves list
Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Lindeth Drive, Longtail Hill, Bowness-on-Windermere LA23 3JF, England   |
Cheshire,
“Fantastic, friendly attentive staff and great ambiance.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2011

We had a lovely break here, small swimming pool for a lively teenager but so colourful and clean. The room was well presented and the "turn down" service a nice extra. The food was exceptional and the library and sitting rooms extremely relaxing. Good central location to South Lakes.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Lindeth_Howe_CHH, General Manager at Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel, responded to this review, March 5, 2011
Dear jackobeno,

Thank you very much for your fabulous review of Lindeth Howe. We are thrilled to bits you enjoyed your stay with us. I have passed your kind compliments onto the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

All the very best,

Hotel General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Lancashire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2011

We felt very welcome at the Lindeth Howe from arrival to departure. The lady on reception made us welcome and showed us round the public rooms on the ground floor before showing us to our room on the second floor. This was spacious and comfortable with a view over the gardens to the Hawkshead ferry. We had been looking forward to the dinner and were not disappointed: excellent food served in the elegant dining room. We will return.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear TowerTwo,

Thank you very much for your fantastic review of Lindeth Howe. We are thrilled to bits you enjoyed your stay with us. I have passed your kind compliments onto the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

All the very best,

Kent, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2011

This hotel was a last minute booking when we discovered we were going to the Lake District. The pictures looked lovely and we were impressed by the fact it had been the home of Beatrix Potter.

When we arrived I looked at the room we had originally booked and decided I would prefer a better view. We decided to pay extra money for a lake view room

The room overlooking the lake was much better it was large, spacious and clean with a separated seating area and a raised bed so you can see the view without getting up!

The location of the hotel was a little further outside of Bowness than I expected, however, a taxi ride costs just a few pounds and takes just a few minutes. I'm sure in the summer I would be grateful to be away from the noise and crowds of the centre of town.

The service in the hotel was excellent and the staff are all very friendly and helpful, even though sometimes it can feel a little over formal.

My only negative would be the fact that reception is a small office situated off the entrance hall of the property, this means you feel a little uncomfortable asking to things from reception.

If I return to the Lake District again, I would certainly stay at the Lindeth Howe. I would also happily recommend this hotel.

One thing that has made me very impressed with the Lindeth Howe Hotel, is the fact that I left and something in the room. On calling the hotel they looked in the room and immediately offered to post the item to my home at no charge to myself. This exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed February 2011
Dear iainseville,

Thank you very much for your lovely review of Lindeth Howe. We are so pleased you picked Lindeth Howe for your last minute booking. We are lucky that we have a strong connection with Beatrix Potter including Timmy Tiptoes who was wrote and illustrated at Lindeth Howe 100 years ago this year. Please keep an eye out on our website for some great offers and amazing events we are holding to celebrate this special occasion this year.

We are a mile south of Bowness on Windermere and I agree perfect for being away from the hustle and bustle yet close enough to walk into the village taking approximately 15 minutes, through the gardens and following the pathway by the Lake.

I will pass your kind compliments onto the team and am sorry you felt they were a little over formal which is unusual for the team here. We have changed the Reception layout around so guests feel at ease coming into Reception, we certainly wouldn’t want our guests to feel uncomfortable asking for anything from any of our team here.

I am so pleased you were reunited with your lost property and may I thank you so much for recommending Lindeth Howe and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Shrewsbury
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2011

My husband and another couple stayed here for a weekend and we loved it. The hotel was so inviting, lit fires, comfy leather chairs. Our bedroom was comfortable & clean, we enjoyed the small pool and sauna after a day out and about to wind down before dinner. Dinner was beautiful, my husband who is a complete food critic had no complaints both nights throughout all five courses..! Massages are recommended with the therapist, a nice treat.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay, we didn't want to leave, well located for nice walks around Lake Windermere.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear nicolajpayne,

Thank you very much for your fantastic review of Lindeth Howe. We are so pleased you and your friends enjoyed your stay here. We do attract a few food critics at Lindeth Howe and we are always happy to exceed their expectations. Sara our therapist is excellent and certainly leaves you fully relaxed, although it really is worth reserving an appointment early to avoid disappointment.

Hopefully we will be able to attract you to return and welcome you and your friends back soon.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2011

I return to this hotel every year as it provides everything I need. Good rooms, wonderful food, good location and great public rooms. It has small indoor pool and a basic gym.
My one minor criticism is that this hotel badly needs an elevator as there are only stairs if you have heavy cases and are on the top floor. There are two easy access rooms downstairs though.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Dear Pesmo,

Thank you very much for your lovely review of Lindeth Howe. We are so pleased you return each year and enjoy the good rooms, wonderful food and good location including our great public rooms. An elevator is something we consider on an ongoing basis, however has its drawbacks in the fact that it carries noise and vibrations when in use and we would hate to disturb anyone’s peace and relaxation. We do offer complimentary luggage service throughout and as you say have two easy access rooms on the ground floor.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Lindeth Howe soon.

blackpool
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2011

I booked a night away at Lindeth Howe as a relaxing break from the stresses of work. I cannot fault the staff and the guys in the restaurant were brilliant. The evening meal was the hilight of the experience as the food was amazing and the restaurant a lovely surrounding. I must admit that I found some of the guests needed to learn how to say please and thankyou. We had the pool to ourselves which was lovely, but we were disturbed to find out that you could view guests swimming in the pool on a TV channel in the room. I would like to have been notified of this and find this very uncomfortable. The hotel was lovely, but appears a little 'tired' here and there. I think I would try a different hotel for our next Lake District break.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear bugsy123456,

Thank you very much for your review of Lindeth Howe. We are so pleased you enjoyed your dinner experience and the service and the team here. I apologise you weren’t informed about the pool on one of our TV channels in your room, however this is for your own use to see whether the pool is busy or quiet and also to enable you to dial Reception should the pool need uncovering if covered for energy conservation reasons. We are constantly improving the hotel each year including new duvets throughout by the end of April this year.

I do hope we can convince you to return to Lindeth Howe on your next Lake District Break.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2011

The building is full of charm and although there are reminders that this was once the holiday home of Beatrix Potter and later her mother's home, it is not overdone. Small, but not too small but very comfortable. A little bit dated here and there and some carpets beginning to show wear and tear.

Our room, No.1, was spacious with lots of suitable furniture, wide screen wall mounted TV and a large bathroom. We had booked this room because the hotel does not have a life and although I am mobile, am unable to manage stairs.

The staff were wonderful, best I have ever come accross, professional and friendly, but not familiar, they would get anything for you without hesitation. The food was wonderful, absolutely delicious. We would certainly return again without hesitation.

• Stayed January 2011
Dear,

Dear gemini096

Thank you very much for your lovely review of Lindeth Howe. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay here. We are constantly improving the hotel each year including new duvets throughout by the end of April this year. I have passed on your kind and generous comments to the team and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to Lindeth Howe soon.

Best Wishes,

Hotel General Manager.

Been to Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!