A wonderful find as a last minute booking. The food was outstanding and the ambiance in the dining room was wonderful with a pianist playing. They served fantastic vegetarian food and great options for children too. Breakfast was also great. My son definitely wants to return. He enjoyed the pool (albeit small) and the views from the hotel. I would definitely return given the chance but would look for a deal. One of the best meals I have had and the portion sizes were just right! Service was excellent and staff could not have been more attentive. The view from the family room was disappointing but as it was dark for most of the overnight stay it did not spoil it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover peaceful surroundings and breathtaking views of the English Lake District at Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel. Located within walking distance of the lakeside village of Bowness-on-Windermere, Lindeth Howe overlooks Lake Windermere, the largest lake in the country and the Cumbrian fells beyond.This unique 4 star country house hotel was once owned by the best-loved children's author Beatrix Potter, and boasts 34 beautiful bedrooms, cosy lounges and a fantastic 2 AA Rosette Dining Room which is also open to non residents. Guests are also invited to relax by our indoor pool, sauna, fitness room and indulge themselves in various body treatments and massages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, LateRooms, Agoda, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lindeth Howe Country Hotel
- Lindeth Howe Country Windermere
- Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District