We stayed at Lindeth Howe on 16th August. This was a birthday treat for my husband. We arrived at noon and although checki-in wasn't until 3, we were invited to leave our luggage with reception and advised we could use the leisure facilities if we wished to do so.
The hotel is beautiful, quiet, in lovely grounds and the restaurant serves excellent food. We were in room 114" a superior room overlooking the gardens which was really spacious, spotlessly clean and had everything we needed. Nice touch is that the hotel placed a birthday card in the room and offered a turn down service.
The lounge has comfortable arm chairs, as does the bar. We had afternoon tea served by a very polite and attentive staff member before going to spend some time in Bowness.
We spent some time in the bar before dinner being served with an aperitif whilst we perused the menu and was served by a pleasant and chatty staff member, Warren. Our order was taken and we were shown through to the restaurant which offered a relaxed pleas ant ambiance with excellent service and quality of food. We have eaten in many high class restaurants, including Michelin starred and I believe the restaurant at Lindeth Howe to be one of the nicest for style and presentation. The food was of an excellent standard and the service was very good.
Overall, a lovely hotel with very pleasant staff, beautiful grounds, very good service and a bit of a hidden gem. Great for a special great. We will definitely be returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover peaceful surroundings and breathtaking views of the English Lake District at Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel. Located within walking distance of the lakeside village of Bowness-on-Windermere, Lindeth Howe overlooks Lake Windermere, the largest lake in the country and the Cumbrian fells beyond.This unique 4 star country house hotel was once owned by the best-loved children's author Beatrix Potter, and boasts 34 beautiful bedrooms, cosy lounges and a fantastic 2 AA Rosette Dining Room which is also open to non residents. Guests are also invited to relax by our indoor pool, sauna, fitness room and indulge themselves in various body treatments and massages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, LateRooms, Agoda, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lindeth Howe Country Hotel
- Lindeth Howe Country Windermere
- Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District