“Fantastic lunch” 5 of 5 stars

+44 15394 48242
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Award winning dining just a five minute stroll from the shores of Lake Windermere.
“Fantastic lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

We called in for lunch and shared the koftas. Lovely. Good food. Great service and atmosphere. Went well with a bottle of fiz!!

York, United Kingdom
“Well done!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

It must be difficult to keep up standards in a holiday resort, too many transient customers. Porto was a pleasant surprise. A seemingly small place able to swallow up numerous customers, many with bookings, some without. The menu was not huge, always a sensible sign. the food was well presented and cooked. The wine list fine, and markup acceptable. The staff attentive but not pushy. a pleasant neighbourhood bistro aiming and achieving good standards. We could not fit pud in, and they looked interesting. Either smaller mains or some smaller puds, other than ice cream or sorbet, might work to everyone's advantage. A useful find.

Visited April 2013
Caistor
“Excellent hope to be back again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Myself and husband were on our honeymoon and thought we would treat ourselves whilst staying in bowness. The food was excellent, we both had the crab cocktail starter which was divine, I had the haddock and scallop chowder and my fish was cooked to perfection as well as being delicous, my husband had the pork Plate which was also excellent and very inventive. For dessert I had the egg and soliders which was egg shells filled with 3 different sweet fillings served with shortbread soliders, this was one of the most creative yet delicous desserts I have ever had and would recommendedtot those with a sweet tooth, my husband had the usual cheese and biscuits however this was also faultless and port quite delicous. The service was flawless and the bill for 3 courses each with a bottle of wine and a port just under £100 which considering the quality was excellent. Obviously I have raved about this restaurant and we will definetely return, the only small thing that I could say could be improved was the table we had near to the bar I felt a bt stuck it but hey that is personal preference

Lancaster, United Kingdom
“Amazing Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

The food was divine and the staff were attentive. The restaurant had a lovely feel to it. Would definitley come back again.

Visited April 2013
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I found this restaurant from Trip Advisor and was not disappointed. I booked early like other reviews suggested and would advise anyone to do the same. The atmosphere in the place was lovely and the food was excellent, it was the best restaurant meal my husband and I have had in ages, The staff were friendly and efficient and the prices were reasonable. We will definitely return when in the area.