I booked this hotel for a birthday treat for my boyfriend after researching many hotels in Windermere and Keswick. After reading some reviews I was abit apprehensive as some comments were not that great. However, I was really pleased that we ended up staying here. On arrival we pulled up outside the hotel and was not sure where to park but the concierge took the car and parked it for us so no problems there. On checking in we were also upgraded to a room with a lake view which was fantastic. We used the spa facilities which were again great. We also ate in the restaurant and the food was excellent. Great hotel in a great location and if you can get the discounted rate extremely good value for money.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Macdonald Old England
- Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa Bowness-On-Windermere, Lake District
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Standing on the shore of Lake Windermere, the historic Macdonald Old England Hotel and Spa is an ideal base for exploring the Lake District. The award-winning Restaurant offers unrivaled views over mature lawns to the lake. Four flexible business suites make the Old England a natural favorite as your next meeting or conference venue, while achieving a work-life balance is effortless at our luxury hotel spa. Inquire about exclusive use for weddings and conferences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Tingo, Otel, Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.