I booked a two night stay online which was fairly easy, checking in was another matter which is a shame.
I feel this hotel has an amazing setting with some of the worlds best views, there seemed to be no management presence until the owner dropped in for the night. Everyone seemed to have been pulled in and put there best suits and shoes. Big difference although i feel the owner got all the attention.
The staff on duty were lovely and tried there best, the hotel has clearly had some major investment and has some great potential.
Check out took forever as there was only one girl on the desk with guest checking in at 10.00 (five of them) hence our long wait.
With some more staffing/relevant at the right times this will be a memorable place to stay
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Macdonald Old England
- Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa Bowness-On-Windermere, Lake District
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Standing on the shore of Lake Windermere, the historic Macdonald Old England Hotel and Spa is an ideal base for exploring the Lake District. The award-winning Restaurant offers unrivaled views over mature lawns to the lake. Four flexible business suites make the Old England a natural favorite as your next meeting or conference venue, while achieving a work-life balance is effortless at our luxury hotel spa. Inquire about exclusive use for weddings and conferences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Tingo, Hotels.com, Otel, Travelocity and TripOnline SA so you can book your Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.