The room we had was huge and the bed was one of the most comfortable I've ever experienced. The staff were friendly and very helpful. The breakfast room overlooking the lake is wonderful with the most amazing selection of buffet and hot breakfasts. The swimming pool was very nice, new and we got a bit of late afternoon sun through the windows. Hylton's restaurant two minutes walk away does pretty good, unpretentious food at a reasonable price. Only complaint - we were in the cheapest (£150) rooms in the new annex overlooking the next-door pub. At about 7am the bin or laundry collection is done right under the window - not great if you're hoping for a lie in.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Macdonald Old England
- Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa Bowness-On-Windermere, Lake District
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Standing on the shore of Lake Windermere, the historic Macdonald Old England Hotel and Spa is an ideal base for exploring the Lake District. The award-winning Restaurant offers unrivaled views over mature lawns to the lake. Four flexible business suites make the Old England a natural favorite as your next meeting or conference venue, while achieving a work-life balance is effortless at our luxury hotel spa. Inquire about exclusive use for weddings and conferences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Tingo, Hotels.com, Otel, Travelocity and TripOnline SA so you can book your Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.