We stayed her for two nights, a mixed group of adults and children. Our party included an elderly disabled wheel chair bound member. The staff were fantastic from the moment we booked in to the time we left. They pitched the level of attentiveness just right. We had an executive family room with magnificent views. The room itself was a little tired, but comfortable and well appointed. The only complaint came from out children, as the bunk bed frame squeaked everytime they turned over.
The food was very good, but I found my main (Monkfish tails) a little over seasoned. As this is very subjective I have no complaints about it. The pool facilities are fantastic for families.
Overall a great experience, enhanced by wonderful staff. We rarely return to the same hotels, but will be making an exception with this. Well done Macdonald.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Macdonald Old England
- Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa Bowness-On-Windermere, Lake District
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Standing on the shore of Lake Windermere, the historic Macdonald Old England Hotel and Spa is an ideal base for exploring the Lake District. The award-winning Restaurant offers unrivaled views over mature lawns to the lake. Four flexible business suites make the Old England a natural favorite as your next meeting or conference venue, while achieving a work-life balance is effortless at our luxury hotel spa. Inquire about exclusive use for weddings and conferences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Tingo, Hotels.com, Otel, Travelocity and TripOnline SA so you can book your Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.