You enter the hotel and smell mildew. This hotel is really in need of refurbishment. Especially because of the prices they are charging. It's in a very popular region so assume rates are generally high in the area. One thinks it's on the lake side but it's not. We paid a premium for a lake view room, but it was a very old style room (not in the good sense), very small, and had a some kind of a lake view! One positive thing was the breakfast room with the view; though not the breakfast itself.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Standing on the shore of Lake Windermere, the historic Macdonald Old England Hotel and Spa is an ideal base for exploring the Lake District. The award-winning Restaurant offers unrivaled views over mature lawns to the lake. Four flexible business suites make the Old England a natural favorite as your next meeting or conference venue, while achieving a work-life balance is effortless at our luxury hotel spa. Inquire about exclusive use for weddings and conferences. Car parking is available and is chargeable per overnight stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo, Hotel.de and getaroom.com so you can book your Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Macdonald Old England
- Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa Bowness-On-Windermere, Lake District