We stayed her for a 2 night break - B&B with dinner on one night and had a wonderful stay.
Yes the hotel is a bit dated but is currently beginning a period of renovation but this did not detract from the lovely stay. The hotel is situated overlooking browness bay and is ideally situated for a short stay -we could park the car and walk to the nearby restaurants and bars.
The hotel itself is splendidly grand and I hope the renovations do not spoil that. Our room was a standard double which was large with a full sized bathroom. A good selection of tea, coffee, hot chocolate etc in the room and nice Laura Ashley toiletries provided.
The night we stayed for dinner was delightful and the grand dining room was a beautiful setting to enjoy the fine cuisine. The emphasis is very much on quality rather than quantity and every mouthful was bursting with flavour. Breakfast is in the form of a self service buffet and again quality was excellent. We chose the cooked breakfasts but a continental selection was also available.
The staff were always very attentive and each person seemed to genuinely care that our stay was pleasant and that our needs were their top priority without being 'over the top'.
I can't wait to return
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in Bowness on the Eastern shore of Lake Windermere and directly overlooking the "Belle Isle", the Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield is the perfect place from which to enjoy a holiday in Windermere. Set in 6 acres of landscaped gardens the boutique hotel offers unparalleled views over Lake Windermere in the foreground, and on the farther shore can be seen the often snow-capped Langdale Pikes and the Fairfield Horseshoe. The Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield has 62 designer bedrooms, including 25 Lake View bedrooms and 12 Garden View rooms, with 2 Four Poster bedrooms and Suites all enjoying views looking down Lake Windermere. Dining is provided in the Belsfield Restaurant and Belsfield Brasserie, with drinks in the Lounge Bar and opportunities to relax and take tea or coffee in the Drawing Room and Library. The setting makes the hotel the perfect location for your dream wedding, with a beautiful new glass reception overlooking Lake Windermere creating a magnificent arrival. Facilities for up to 100 guests are available. Newly refurbished meeting rooms with state of the art conferencing facilities make the hotel the ideal venue for your company event in the Lake District. We are also able to assist in organising special events within the grounds for special motivational or sales driven events using tents and various performances. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, LateRooms, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com and Agoda so you can book your Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belsfield Hotel Bowness On Windermere
- Belsfield Bowness On Windermere
- Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District