Recently stayed here for a 3 day break with my wife. Owner gave us a warm welcome on arrival offered to carry our luggage etc, brought us a glass of wine each to our room on arrival ( nice gesture) we stayed in room 3 at the back of the hotel ( nice and quiet ) but a very small room on the lines of a bedroom in a caravan. Nice lounge area downstairs for guests to use tea, coffee and biscuits laid out on a table, nice and relaxing after a hard day walking. Breakfast was excellent plenty of choice and always a pleasant welcome from the owners each morning. The owners were very helpful on places to visit and eat in the area.
Thank you for a wonderful warm friendly stay
- Also Known As:
- Virginia Cottage Hotel Bowness-On-Windermere
- Virginia Cottage Hotel
- Virginia Cottage Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Virginia Cottage is a friendly traditional guest house for couples situated just two minutes walk from Lake Windermere. It is ideally placed for seeing all that the Lake District has to offer and is surrounded by a wonderful selection of restaurants and boutique shops. All rooms are en-suite, some with four poster beds and spa baths, and they include a TV with DVD player, tea and coffee making facilities, fridge and hair dryer. Pets are welcome by prior arrangement in specified rooms, private parking is available and leisure facilities can be enjoyed at the Old England Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Queensborough Group, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Virginia Cottage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.