We had a great time over the August Bank holiday weekend staying at the Burnside. We love this place. I had nan and two kids with me and we stayed in a large family room in the original part of the hotel. It was great - spacious with great views over the lake. We didn't plan too but having done so much each day we ate in the hotel each night and we all loved it. George the barman/ waiter made our children's day- fussing over them, bringing them mocktails and generally making them feel special. He will do a lot to make the Burnside special for lots of people.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just minutes from Lake Windermere and the bustling village centre of Bowness, the Burnside Hotel offers full leisure and beauty facilities, two restaurants, a bar and a selection of bright, modern bedrooms as well as traditionally decorated bedrooms set in beautiful grounds with stunning views of Lake Windermere. Guests have free access to our leisure facilities including a pool, spa bath, sauna, steam room, gym, squash and badminton courts, 2 snooker tables and relaxing beauty treatments are also available. Featuring a TV and free tea/coffee each room at the Burnside also has warm, colourful decor. Silhouettes Restaurant serves both modern and traditional cuisine, using local produce. In Harleys Bar conservatory, the Bistro provides a light menu. Guests can take afternoon tea or dine on the lake view terrace. In the Lake District, the Burnside offers free parking and is 30 minutes' drive from the M6. Shops, boutiques and restaurants in the centre of Bowness are a 5-minute walk away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo and Orbitz so you can book your BEST WESTERN Burnside Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Burnside Hotel Bowness On Windermere
- BEST WESTERN Burnside Hotel Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District