Unfortunately we only stayed one night after 4 days camping nearby but it was the perfect way to end our trip to the Lake District.
The room was large, clean and beautifully decorated. The staff were very helpful and friendly and the food was fantastic. The atmosphere is very intimate and romantic - not a good place for young children.
If you are after top end leisure facilities then this isn't the right hotel but playing croquet and then scrabble on the terrace, with the incredible view, could not have been more relaxing.
- Also Known As:
- Linthwaite Hotel Windermere
- Linthwaite Hotel
- Linthwaite House Hotel Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the Lake District's best country house hotels, but unstuffy! Great views, acres of private grounds, fishing, golf nearby, hiking, walking, extreme sports all within easy access. Great food, from fine dining to the Unstuffy Hamburger! Many wines by the glass and beers from local macro breweries. Lots of staff to pamper you and help you relax. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Venere and Otel so you can book your Linthwaite House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.