Linthwaite is a dream hotel in a dream location. Linthwaite gives its guests the ideal experience, not only of the hotel, but of the Lake District.
Words fail to describe my wonderful visit for a romantic break as a newly wed bride before my honeymoon. We stayed in room 14, and what a view we had! Linthwaite brings the patchwork of gentle lakes and rugged mountains inside. It breathes the Lake District into its walls, its gardens, its food, and its service.
From outside, the hotel and its grounds are soaked in tranquillity, which is complemented by its pleasant interiors. The rooms are delightfully decorated with soothing touches.
The restaurant has a mostly relaxing quality. From the perfectly selected fresh lilies to the picturesque scrumptious impeccably served dinner, I was impressed. In the morning, we had an enjoyable breakfast in the room. The hotel promotes local fresh produce, and caters equally well for vegetarians too.
Not only does Linthwaite inhale the Lake District, it also exhales it! The hotel suggests and actively supports many ways to enjoy the Lake District. One can fish in the hotel’s accessed waters or even hire a bicycle from Linthwaite.
You can sense the skilful art in tenderly painting Linthwaite hugged by the Lake District, every step of your stay.
Whenever I think of the Eden of Lake District, I think of Linthwaite. They are one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the Lake District's best country house hotels, but unstuffy! Great views, acres of private grounds, fishing, golf nearby, hiking, walking, extreme sports all within easy access. Great food, from fine dining to the Unstuffy Hamburger! Many wines by the glass and beers from local macro breweries. Lots of staff to pamper you and help you relax. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, LateRooms and Hotels.com so you can book your Linthwaite House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Linthwaite Hotel Windermere
- Linthwaite House Hotel Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District