We stayed at Linthwaite for a two night break with the children during Feb half term. Our children are 2 and 3 and the first hotel I had enquired with (The Cranleigh) said they had a 'No children' policy. I appreciate that some children might prove a nuisance, however, just because we now have children, doesn't mean we want to give up staying in luxury boutique hotels with high end decor and excellent service. If anything, we spend longer in the room once the kids go to sleep now so the environment in which we relax on the evening is a necessity to be high end! Linthwaite certainly did not disappoint....
The room was immaculate, spacious and with a lovely outlook. The bathroom was amazing and it was a tough choice whether to have a long soak in the huge double bath avec mood lighting or whether to enjoy a power shower in the large double shower.
The staff were very attentive and accommodating with the children. They brought our dinner each evening to the room as once the children went off to sleep after a busy day around Bowness and Beatrix Potter World, it was time for the parents to relax and enjoy the delights of the menu (and peace and quiet). The service was excellent and I feel it's fair to point out that we have stayed at some pretty amazing hotels including Oberoi, Waldorf and Raffles.... Nothing was too much trouble and we will certainly return back,,,, if it was only a little closer, then I would have felt confident that I had found a venue for my wedding (if he ever gets around to putting a ring on my finger that is..!). Thanks Linthwaite :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the Lake District's best country house hotels, but unstuffy! Great views, acres of private grounds, fishing, golf nearby, hiking, walking, extreme sports all within easy access. Great food, from fine dining to the Unstuffy Hamburger! Many wines by the glass and beers from local macro breweries. Lots of staff to pamper you and help you relax. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Linthwaite House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Linthwaite Hotel Windermere
- Linthwaite House Hotel Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District