We have just come from a brief stay at Linthwaite that was booked last minute. Having stayed at this excellent hotel before, it seemed the perfect choice to break our journey home from a trip to Scotland. We opted for the newly refurbished room 21 (with hot tub), and WOW we were not disappointed. The room is simply gorgeous, the hot tub and terrace are perfect, the views amazing (as always). We could not have been more delighted if someone had given us the moon on a stick.
The food at Linthwaite is ALWAYS a highlight - I'm vegetarian and the variety and quality of the options I'm presented with at this excellent hotel are the best I've ever experienced. I'm pleased to say this visit was no exception and we enjoyed every bite of the food we were served (not to mention some smashing wine).
Service, as always, was the perfect balance of couteous, efficient and friendly. Andy and his team do a brilliant job and their ability to maintain these standards in commendable.
If you are considering a stay at this outstanding place, take my advice and get booking - you'll be really glad you did.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the Lake District's best country house hotels, but unstuffy! Great views, acres of private grounds, fishing, golf nearby, hiking, walking, extreme sports all within easy access. Great food, from fine dining to the Unstuffy Hamburger! Many wines by the glass and beers from local macro breweries. Lots of staff to pamper you and help you relax. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Linthwaite House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Linthwaite Hotel Windermere
- Linthwaite House Hotel Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District