“Amazing Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: 28 Years of Sail N Dine. I offer 2 trips most days. The 10.30 to 1.30 buffet brunch sail for up to 8 people gives a hands on sailing experience with a sumptuous buffet lunch with wine priced from £35 per person. My jewel in the crown evening sail leaves at 6pm and is a taste of true yachting, eating and drinking out on the Lake! My 4 course dinner is cooked by me using the finest local produce cooked to your specification whilst the conversation (and wine)flows! I take up to 6 (Adults only) in the evening and the sail is priced from £55 per person including transport to and from the yacht within a 5 mile radius. You must of guessed by now that I am completely a one man band! I am receptionist, chauffeur, wine waiter, skipper, chef and washer upper! Check out my website and if you have any questions then please give me a call.
North Wales
“Amazing Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

I booked the Brunch Sail and Dine as a surprise for my Husband and 12 year old son. The whole experience from start to finish was amazing and one of the most memorable things that we have done. From the minute we were met at the Marina Gate by John he was an incredible host and put us at ease straight away. We joined the sail with another couple and from the minute we boarded the Yacht, with John as the host we quickly felt at ease with the other couple and throughout the trip enjoyed the company, experience and banter between us all. The sailing experience far surpassed any expectation we had, we all had an opportunity to 'have a go' and John was particularly attentive to our son and his numerous questions. The wind was kind to us which gave us a great opportunity to experience something different. Johns local knowledge was incredible and only added to the enjoyment of the trip. The Brunch was equally as enjoyable as the sailing experience. We joined John and the other couple below deck on his beautiful yacht for an amazing lunch, far more than the Brunch as described on the internet. It was prepared and served beautifully by John, with incredible attention to detail, with a range of home made products including Sardine Pate and Apple and Date Chutney, this combined with a glass of Red wine and rounded off with Tea/cafetiere Coffee and Home Made Tea Loaf, only added to the whole experience. We sat below deck and chatted over lunch before taking our drinks on deck and slowly making our way back to the Marina, the whole experience in the region of 3 Hours. This trip was the highlight of our weekend in the lakes and we have all not stopped talking about it since our return. We were that impressed with the experience and John's Boat handling we are thinking of booking another trip to the Lakes later this year and will without doubt book to experience the Sail and Dine evening experience which sounds equally as great. Thanks John for an amazing family experience.

Warwick
6 attraction reviews
“Very lovely experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

I decided to book the afternoon trip after I saw that John had all excellent reviews on here. All my expectations were met, John was very warm, welcoming and accommodating. I wouldn't pick sailing as a pass time myself but this was a great experience, it was pretty windy on the lake but it didn't spoil the fun. The food was also great, I was expecting a light buffet but we had a full on meal and there was a whole load of choice for drinks. I'll definitely recommend the trip and I'll love to go on the night trip

Leicester, United Kingdom
“great suprise on our holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

wayne and susan had a fantastic mornings sail with a super lunch.john is a brill host and made the trip very memorable,thank you we would do it again when we return,

Derby, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
“An amazing evening - A must do.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

I booked the evening sail and dine for 5 people for my partners 30th Birthday as a surprise. John had offered to do us a banner for him for that extra touch which was nice.

John was an amazing host making us feel welcome and at home on his lovely yacht. He even had extra coats for two of our friends who thought they could brave the cold. The rest of us were wrapped up nicely.

My partner got to do a bit of sailing with the guidance of John which was a lovely touch for my partner who loved it.

We got a lovely tour of the lake where John told us information and history of and around the lake which was really interesting. The weather was a little nippy, but the wind made for a nice sail and added to the experience.

John found a nice place to moor up out of the wind where we then had our 4 course meal which was amazing. I had the Cumbrian beef which was cooked to perfection along with all the other main meals. The other courses were lovely especially the desert of chocolate marshmallow mousse with blueberries and cream.

We had such a good time with John that this is a must do when visiting the lakes, it beats going to a restaurant any day. we will definitely be going back in the future.

Thanks John for such an amazing evening and making it special.

Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Fantastic evening...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Had a fab evening out on Windermere with Sail n Dine, John is an excellent host and the food he prepared was fantastic. Would highly recommend.