“"Marvelous"” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: 28 Years of Sail N Dine. I offer 2 trips most days. The 10.30 to 1.30 buffet brunch sail for up to 8 people gives a hands on sailing experience with a sumptuous buffet lunch with wine priced from £35 per person. My jewel in the crown evening sail leaves at 6pm and is a taste of true yachting, eating and drinking out on the Lake! My 4 course dinner is cooked by me using the finest local produce cooked to your specification whilst the conversation (and wine)flows! I take up to 6 (Adults only) in the evening and the sail is priced from £55 per person including transport to and from the yacht within a 5 mile radius. You must of guessed by now that I am completely a one man band! I am receptionist, chauffeur, wine waiter, skipper, chef and washer upper! Check out my website and if you have any questions then please give me a call.
“"Marvelous"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

A very special evening. John went out of his way to collect us from our accommodation before setting sail across a calm Windermere, with the sun setting in full Autum colours. John was an excellent host and so organised. The food was excelent and cooked to our exact requirements and the wine was high quality and plentiful.

The the other guests added to the enjoyment of the evening

I was given the opportunity to take the wheel and was given guidance by John who kept us entertained throught the evening. I would recommend this experience and will certainly be making a return journey.

Visited October 2012

Preston, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“FANTASTIC SAILING AND FINE DINE EATING.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

We found the owner of the yacht, John, to be extremely pleasant and the food he prepared for us was absolutely fantastic. We enjoyed the sail around Windermere Lake and found the other guests to be really interesting to talk to which made the whole experience great. I cannot recommend this trip too highly as it was splendid from start to finish. Whilst John was preparing the four course meal for his six guests he was interacting all the time to make the conversations really interesting to everyone on board. He collected us all from our respective hotels prior to the sail and then dropped us off at the end of the evening right outside our hotels.
John's knowledge of sailing and watercraft is extremely wide and this gave us all confidence that we were in very safe hands on the water.
We would certainly wish to repeat this trip at some time in the future.

Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Wonderful morning!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We booked the brunch sail and had the most brilliant morning. Two full hours of sailing and John makes sure each guest (max 6 people) get a turn. John takes the time to teach you the ropes and explains the sails and direction of wind etc.
Brunch is delicious, a great variety and little bit of everything you fancy.

Great as a unique gift idea!

preston
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Just returned from a weekend away in Windermere to celebrate my husbands 30th birthday, I booked Sail n Dine as a surprise on the Saturday evening and John made the whole experience from start to finish absolutely fantastic!
We were extremely lucky to get a beautiful evening especially considering the 'summer' we've had! John collected us from our hotel at 5.45pm and took us to 'Maddie II' where we met 2 other couples, who were lovely and John is a great host who sparked good conversation throughout the evening.
We began with a sail around the lake where the men were given the opportunity to play captain for a little while, we then sat on deck with a glass of wine (which turned into an endless supply all through the trip!) and some nibbles while John prepared our meals, he is a fabulous chef and the whole meal was cooked to perfection!
After our meal we enjoyed a coffee up on deck with the most stunning view of the stars while John sailed us back to the real world!!
We had an amazing evening and will be sure to return!

Leeds
“Absolutely amazing evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

My husband booked an evening dinner cruise to celebrate my birthday - what a fantastic night. John is a great chef and an even better host. The Lake District weather was kind to us so we were able to sit out on deck and enjoy a delicious 4 course meal under the stars (well clouds - this is the lake district!). John is an amazing cook and the food was delicious. He is really knowledgeable about the Lake and the surrounding area and the sail around the Lake was great fun - we even got enough wind to use the sail. Many thanks John - hope to see you again soon.

I would highly recommend Sail'n'Dine - a really different experience.