“Doubt we'll be coming back” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Kendal
“Doubt we'll be coming back”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

Our experience was almost entirely marred by a barlady/waitress who REALLY didn't want to be there. She was an older lady (30s?) and appeared to be part of management too which made it even more disapointing. We popped in for sunday lunch and due to a coach party had to sit downstairs in the Bar. The food was excellent though had it been outside of the sunday lunch deal I think I would have found some of the food a little overpriced. Oddly they have sectioned off a "non meat" section of the menu..which they filled with fish - perhaps to disguise the fact the only actual vegetarian dishes they serve are Pasta and Rice. Will we be coming back? I doubt it, althought the food was good I don't really want to have another meal spoilt by the grumpy downstairs barlady/waitress. Given "average" as my overall.."service" knocked it down and it should be lower because of that..but I don't want to be unfair to the chefs as the food was good.

• Visited June 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Gold Coast
“Lovely Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

We really enjoyed the food at this pub/restaurant. There were a number of good options for vegetarians or those who don't eat meat. We both really enjoyed our starters (pumpkin soupe and melon with sorbet) and main courses (Chicken Beresford and Fish Curry) which were very tasty and well cooked. The service was efficient and friendly. We intend to go back to Beresford's during our holiday in Bowness because there were many other menu options that we'd like to taste.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Never again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012 via mobile

Well I did try this last year the service was a joke. I did think it must be a one off but today for Sunday lunch I have never being served by such a miserable waitress she was a disgrace. The food was no better never never again will I step foot in this hell hole stay well clear.

BOLTON
“Excellent Family Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

My wife and I called here on a Saturday night last month with our 2 children and 2 parents. Children are fussy eaters and parents like 'traditional English'. Beresfords fitted the bill nicely for choice of menu and the quality of the food. This place would be bursting at the seams if it was a little further down the hill

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London
“Very good restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

We used Beresford's restaurant in Windermere for a dinner for 40 of our wedding guests the evening before the wedding. Graham, the chef, was extremely helpful in arranging the night, creating a 3 course menu and was admirably flexible when it came to numbers of guests. The food on the night was excellent and the service spot on. I would not hesitate to recommend Beresford's for a small or large group and will go back myself when next in the Lakes.

Visited May 2012