“A good Indian restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night
Sunderland, England, United Kingdom
“A good Indian restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

After visiting another Indian restaurant in Bowness-on-Windermere, we decided to visit here for a change. Going in the restaurant, it was a bit strange as there is seating downstairs but the main seating is upstairs so we were waiting for a bit for a waiter to take us up there. However they did provide great service giving us plenty of time to order and in between courses and they brought the drinks out straight away and the restaurant itself was a relaxing setting. I ordered the trio of samosas as a starter which I thought was a great idea as I can never decide what samosas to choose. There were 4 samosas for some reason (more the better though) and it was a chicken, lamb and vegetable selection but they tasted really good. I'm not sure what my husband had, it was a kind of chapatti wrap and I think it was chicken inside but he said it was good. He ordered a lemon lamb curry with lemon basmati rice and I ordered a lamb, cauliflower and chickpea curry (think it was called kabuli) with plain basmati rice and we got a garlic naan to share. I liked that the naan was cut into quarters when it came out so it made it less messy for us to divide it and it tasted great. My husband enjoyed his curry although I thought it was too lemony for me. I liked my curry, it had a good flavour and the chickpeas were soft although the cauliflower was a tiny bit crunchy. The only thing we would have changed is that we would have both got chicken as we didn't think the lamb tasted like lamb and more like mutton which is not a flavour I like much of. Prices were fairly reasonable, 2 starters, 2 curries, 2 rices, 2 waters and a naan came to £40. Probably would visit again and try something different when we return to the Lakes.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

“Slow start”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

Took a while to get going, waited a good 10 minutes before we were attended to but from there it was a great meal and very attentive staff. I think we arrived when lots of takeaways were being sorted out.

Defiantly think you should give it a try.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Liverpool
“GREAT FOOD!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

My wife and I visited during our stay in Bowness recently - we had no reservation but arrived on Tuesday evening, and we were lucky enough to get a table straight away - it isn't big inside, but it's comfortable for sitting and eating, with seating upstairs too. Waiters were attentive and helpful, brought popadoms and full range of sauces straight away... I had the mussels starter, done in Indian spices, which was excellent - my wife had the chicken tikka starter... again, excellent. My wife had the simple korma for main, which she loved, in a creamy sauce, and I had the chicken korai masala... again very good quality. Would definitely recommend for a meal, if you're in Bowness.

Bolton
“very tasty, well presented”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Had an enjoyable meal here on my birthday. Hubby had garlic chicken tikka starter which he said wasnt very garlicky and did seem to be coated in a similar sauce to my chicken shashlick main, however both were very tasty. Onion bhajis and naan some of the best I've had, bill was reasonable and the restaurant is well presented. Staff very welcoming, service was quick.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hartshorne, United Kingdom
“FANTASTIC!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

We ate twice here during our stay!!...the staff were friendly and helpful!
Attention to detail was fabulous,the food was fantastic and the staff were wonderful!!
On our second visit they remembered us and shook both of our hands!!....thank you all of you!!.....your GREAT!!....I hope to see you all again one day :)