“Great food but mixed levels of service” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Oldham, United Kingdom
“Great food but mixed levels of service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

We were there tonight (Wednesday) and the service and food were very good but we were disappointed when we ordered drinks as the coke was served all wrong. I run a bar myself so I'm aware of what post-mix drinks should taste like and something is definitely wrong with their ratio, it was far far too little syrup (it was pretty much water). Upon telling the staff they quickly replaced it, but with another drink exactly the same. We mentioned it again and we were asked if we wanted something else and my partner really wanted a soft drink but not wanting another one from the wrongly calibrated machine we begrudgingly opted for a bottled beer. When we received the bill we were disappointed to find the soft drink had been removed but the extra beer was put on. We also saw them continuing to serve the obviously very watery coke (you could see from across the room it wasn't the right colour) which wasn't very comforting. It's disappointing considering the original level of service was excellent and the food was very nice. It's a small touch that has unfortunately tainted my view on the place.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Windermere, United Kingdom
“Good food, average service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

Food was nice, decent atmosphere but not the best service at all. Would recommend the staff smiled a bit more. Not the worst resteraunt I've visited though

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
County Durham, England
“Ok”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Visited on 2nd March with a 3 year old.

The staff were welcoming, however we weren't offered a child menu so I just asked for a smaller portion of an adult meal (Spag Bol).

The Mr had the seafood pizza which was covered in anchovies and tasted a tad bit too salty. I had veal with spaghetti and although the meat was lovely my spaghetti sauce was just too over powering.

£24 for a bottle of Sancerre seemed expensive but the wine did taste lush.

All in all an ok meal, I won't rush back but glad I visited. What I don't agree with is we were charged £8.95 for a child's meal whereas most other places charge £5 or less!

Preston, United Kingdom
“good food good atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

i loved every thing about this place food was wonderful service great and very busy so if you want to eat there i suggest you go in and book a table or you may not get in

Visited March 2014
Maryport, United Kingdom
“Food fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Brilliant meal tonight. Very busy for a Saturday night. So pleased we booked earlier. Food fantastic and very quick service. Will be back if in Windermere again.