“Over rated and over priced” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance, Special occasions
Dukinfield
“Over rated and over priced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Myself and partner visited here on 07/04/13 having on last visit to the Lakes failed to have got in due to it bursting at the seams which we presumed meant it was worth a visit. The place itself is lovely on the inside and the staff were friendly and helpful. The garlic bread with tomato and chilli was lovely however the pizza and the chicken main meals we had were decidely average. The cost of the meal did not match what we were served. Also once we asked for the bill and it was delivered we were just left. Eventually we had to get up and walk to the counter ourselves where we found the serving staff not busy at all but playing with a young child who was on the counter! They were pleasant but not particulary attentive. Much prefer Fat Olive's up the road on the opposite side!!

Visited April 2013

61% Recommend
Manchester, United Kingdom
“In reply to review "Extremely Dissapointing April 13"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I too was at Anore Once again over the Easter weekend and on Sunday due to its popularity it was very very busy . I as were other were asked on arrival if we want a drink a the bar or to be seated as soon as possible. I can only presume they chose to drink at the bar there were a few couples waiting but unless your in a rush what would the problem be !! I as always had a fantastic meal , and agree that due the the volume of people eating it may have taken a little longer to get your starter than usual , but at all times the staff are polite and attentative. Iam sure if they were so concerned about flat lemonade it should have been mentioned on starting the drink. There is no hidden surprises and what is visable is how it is small , beautilful interier and intimate From time to time if things are busy, bottles are left unnoticed it only takes the kindness of a person to advise someone. These people were clearly some of those who you would never appease and hope to get some sort of discount for complaing. Having spent many many times over the years returning to restaurant, I can confiem that it has had a major interior design change , the staff as most restaurants do come and go but have got to be loyal and steady and this along with the quality of the food the owner herself , the lovely ambiance of a truly gorgeous italian restaurant with its Ideal location has got to be must for dining out. Remember you cant please everyone !!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bury, United Kingdom
“Well worth a try!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

We booked to eat here on Easter Sunday, which was the last evening of our 3 night break. The restaurant is quite small and is tight on space, especially for a family of 2 adults and 2 teenagers.
We were one of the first to arrive for our 6.30 sitting but it filled up quickly, and people were being turned away. This is probably due to it being Easter.
We had garlic bread with tomato & chilli, which was lovely and piping hot. The kids had pate to start and we had the garlic prawns. All very good, although I thought the starters were expensive £7.95 and £8.95.
My husband had the lasagne, my son carbonara, my daughter spaghetti bolognese and I had the fillet steak all of which was very good indeed.
The service was very professional and added to our enjoyment.
Previous evenings we visited Jackson's and The Village, but this was by far the best.
Definitely worth a visit.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Halifax, United Kingdom
“Extreamly dissapointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

My boyfriend and I decided to try this restaurant on Easter Saturday, after visiting the lake district before we had wanted to try this place for a while. The restaurant itself is quite small and assumed we would struggle to get a table. The manager greated us politley & said a table would be 30 minutes & we could sit at the bar, we agreed. The bar itself is tiny, a little corner I was driving so opted for lemonade & my partner got Peroni. Beer fine no worries - lemonade out of the bottle FLAT is an understatement but I sat and drank it.

We were given our table in under 30 minutes which was great. However were place near where the door open and closed. The draft coming in and out of the restaurant was awful, however we weren't even the closes to the door, the tables closest to the door were getting up themselves and shutting the door. Our order was placed we deiced to go with starters & mains for us both. We sat down at approximately 8:30 PM we didn't receive our starters until around 9:50 over an hour for just a starter was ridiculous. The icing on the cake was that the tables surrounding us received there orders before us & they had ordered after us! By this point our bill was racking up the £s due to drinks alone. I ordered a diet coke it came in the smallest bottle i've ever seen - 200ml ridiculous barely even a sip. The best thing is they state this as 1/2 a pint of coke on the bill ! If you are going to serve small drinks then let the price also demonstrate this!

We were given complimentary olives for our wait - a nice gesture apart from I hate olives! I opted for the breaded Camembert - my favorite. It was very disappointing the cheese had all melted out of the breadcrumbs was very stringy and just not too great. My partner got pate, of which he saw sat on the side of the kitchen for at least 10 minutes. It was a very dark colour to which he said "it tastes like beef paste". Our mains came I went for carbonara my partner went for lasagne, we waited a little while for these to come & when they arrived they were ok but nothing special !

People were complaining left right an center about the wait, the draft & the food so we weren't the only ones. With restaurant only being small it doesn't take much to fill, however you should look after these customers. I would not recommend this place to anyone & definitely wont be returning here again. Very disappointing!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Wrecsam, null, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

we had been to the cinema and so were a little late 8.30pm. The restaurant was virtually empty but we were put in the window with other diners and were quite squashed. The food was okay but the garlic bread was burnt. We were not offered a dessert and had to wait a long time for the bill. Ther b&b told us that this was not normally the case so perhaps we were just unlucky

Visited March 2013