“Never disappoints!” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Falkirk, United Kingdom
“Never disappoints!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

This was our second visit to the Postilion and I have to say they've proved that their excellent standards are consistent. We came last year when we were on holiday in the Lakes and liked it so much it was top of the list for this year's visit! The service and the food are still first class! They were very busy, it being Saturday night, and we'd arrived a wee bit early for our booking so our table wasn't quite ready, but we were shown to a very nice seating area upstairs for the 5 minutes or so that we waited.
Although it was busy the staff were welcoming, friendly and efficient and the food was every bit as good as expected. A very enjoyable experience and one we will definitely repeat next time we're in the area!

Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Great diner :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Myself and my partner eat in this restaurant whenever visit Bowness. We always have an excellent food and staff is always lovely.I would highly recomment this place .... cant wait for my next visit there !!!!!

• Visited July 2013
Jarrow - England
“A must visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I tried this restaurant whilst staying in Bowness and what a fabulous experience it was. The restaurant, the service, the quality of food and the friendliness of the owner David are second to none. So if you are in and about Bowness on an evening you "must" try here.

It's open from 6pm and prices range from £17.95 - £22.95 for a superb 3 course meal, which I guarantee you will not be disappointed with, in fact the good lady says its best food she has eaten in any restaurant anywhere - high praise indeed and I would struggle to disagree.

The range of choice is excellent, I had chorizo, sausage starter, which I know sounds strange but it was fabulous and the sauce that accompanied it was superb, quickly followed by pan fried chicken, again truly delicious.

My wife opted for the salmon starter (served on a slate plate), which looked and according to her was just stunning in both appearance and taste, followed by Salmon as a main, which again was beautifully presented and cooked to perfection.

We both chose the sticky toffee pudding, which was heavenly and the butterscotch sauce is to die for.

Afterwards you can relax upstairs in the lounge with a coffee or an after dinner drink.

" a truly brilliant experience".

I can't give it any higher praise than to say , next time I'm in Bowness (which won't be long), I certainly know where I will be eating.

Visited August 2013
Jarrow
“What a perfect experience !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

My husband and I visited The Postilion Restaurant last night and were not disappointed! As we were staying at The Toffee Loft which is a truly fantastic apartment to stay in, just next door, we planned our last night in Bowness. The whole evening was perfect, first class service and the three courses were superb, the presentation and attention to detail could not of been any better!! The salmon starter and main course are best I have eaten anywhere in the country, and the sticky toffee pudding with butterscotch sauce was to die for!! Even my husband who does not eat desserts ordered and finished his too.Excellent value for money and a meal to remember and one that shall be repeated the next time we are in Bowness!!

stourbridge
“great find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Recommended by taxi drivef,first evening meal was fantastic so went back next night for our wedding anniversary.Both evenings the food was superb in particular their fillet steaks washed down with a good bottle of S.African red.For what they charge we don`t think they can be beaten on quality service and staff attention,must rate with us as one of the best meals for the price we have had anywhere in the U.K..
So if you are in the area book a table and enjoy!