Good, almost central location.
On site car park
Able to provide boiled eggs for breakfast (so many places dont!)
Good service from Spanish waiter at breakfast
Shower good (with the massage jets turned off)
Plenty of hair/body washes
Bathrobe & slippers in room
Dvd player in room & dvds available to borrow
We were offered an upgrade to a 'bigger' room with spa bath as 'a couple had cancelled.' This should have been £30 extra a night but we were charged £15 extra per night. This was obviously not true as upon returning from a meal out another couple were checking in and were offered a free upgrade! I have also now seen (I was taken away as a surprise so we didnt know) that free upgrades are advertised on the net and seem to be offered as standard. Presumably as we got a laterooms discount we had to pay for an upgrade (my husband is a sweetheart & always pays for an upgrade if offered) but I think this is unfair as on the reviews most people got a deal/discount of some sort & got a free upgrade.
Spa bath very noisy and short, 6 foot husband too tall to stretch out in bath yet he can stretch out in our bath at home.
Not enough water pressure for 'massage' jets in shower so didnt really work.
Room small for price.
Bed very lumpy.
Rust stain on shower tiles by soap holder
Damp stain on wall by extract fan
Duvet cover threadbare and bobbly
Sheet did not look 100% clean
Continental breakfast was tinned fruits, cornflakes or bran flakes. Fresh fruit (bananas) looked antique!
Felt 'looked down on' by owner.
Bedroom carpet needs shampooing.
'Flame' of one electric tealight broken.
Unfortunately another place that feels because of their close proximity to a huge tourist attraction they can charge what they like and not provide good value. We stayed a little further out last time and would probably stay there next time as we were made to feel more welcome at the other establishment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairfield is a charming Georgian house set in quiet secluded grounds with its own car park. Located in a quiet cul-de-sac, yet just a few steps from the waterfront, shops, pubs, clubs and restaurants of Bowness. There is a spacious terrace and garden, a large lounge and free Internet and Wi-fi access. Four-poster rooms, some with spa bath’s, and a state-of-the-art penthouse. Generous breakfast. Champagne and chocolates available. Ideal for a romantic break. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, HostelWorld, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Fairfield Garden Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Garden Guest House Hotel Windermere
- Fairfield Garden Guest House Bowness-On-Windermere, England - Lake District