“Another great Premier Inn, just avoid Taybarns!” 5 of 5 stars

You added Premier Inn Newcastle-under-Lyme to your Saves list
Premier Inn Newcastle-under-Lyme
Beata Road, Talke Road | Chesterton, Newcastle-under-Lyme ST5 7AH, England   |
Welwyn Garden City, United Kingdom
“Another great Premier Inn, just avoid Taybarns!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I've reviewed many a premier inn now, and they never fail to come up trumps every time. This branch does not differ in that respect. Friendly front desk staff, comfortable room, reasonable price, nothing more you could want in a hotel.

My only bugbear is the Taybarns next door, it's cheap but that's pretty much where the positives end for me. The food is well cooked sure, but it's pretty awful in my opinion. I have reviewed it separately so I won't go into too much detail, but I'd recommend looking elsewhere unless you have a tight budget and just want a place to fill up. I'm a bit surprised the hotel is attached to a restaurant of this type, unless of course they don't have a choice.

Don't let it put you off staying a the hotel though, because that part is excellent as normal.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

241 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We stayed just the one night at this hotel but could not fault it. After a stay a month or so ago in Nottingham we did wonder if this Premier inn would also have an issue with overly hot rooms. We did metion this in Nottingham but we were fobbed off with we should have opened the window (it was 30 degrees!!) We did mention when we arrived our previuos experience and were glad to find out that our room was not boiling hot. We had the great night sleep that Premier Inn promotes and a filling cooked breakfast. The food is on a buffet here but all well cooked and kept hot.

The staf all seemed happy and pleasent and seemed eager to help with any questions.

The car park is large but does get busy with the restaurant next door in the evenings. we cant comment on the evening food as were didnt eat there. Saying that we had no promlem finding a space.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Bourne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Used this Premier as I had stayed there two years ago while working close by. Just as good this time, with an excellent food experience on site at Tay Barns.

Great service, good food - bar as well, enthusiastic staff and pleasant surroundings.

Thoroughly recommended.

Room Tip: Rooms at rear are slightly quieter but not necessary unless you plan to sleep late.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Maldon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Love the Taybarns experience that goes with this Premierinn. It would be nice if more locations copied.
Car parking is excellent even when busy.
Staff were really friendly.
Rooms are good value, but I would like to see two easy chairs in a double room, it seems the rooms are more designed for the single business traveller.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Leyland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

Booked this Premier Inn as we were visiting Alton Towers for a couple of days. This hotel offered the best compromise between distance away and value for money. Staff, as always, were exceptional. We checked in late, the beds were made up for the kids and the room was warm. We'd picked up a takewway for tea on the way but if I'd have seen the Taybarns next door we would have eaten there. This is a buffet style resturant offering an all you can eat menu. It's reasonably priced at around £9 for adults and £6 for kids (I think off the top of my head!). Quality of the food it pretty good but not exceptional but bear in mind my family of 2 adults and 2 children could have ate and drank all we could for £30. I don't think you could beat that value. Overall, I'd recommend and would stay again.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Uxbridge
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

We stayed for one night in a family room, having spent a long day at Alton Towers we tried to use my phones satnav to find the hotel, after an hour of going round in circles as gps kept dropping we found the hotel. I would advise to printing out exact directions if coming from Alton Towers.
Reception staff very helpful and friendly, our room was spotless and comfortable.
The restuarant was good value but quite noisy and not relaxing at all.
Breakfast had a great selection.
The sound proofing in the room was quite bad we got woken up by what sounded like a herd of elephants above, which was probably a child running around in the room above. On check out I mentioned this to reception and they offered to refund our stay. I thought this was great customer service.

• Stayed October 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

Cannot fault the 2 nights I had. Staff and hotel did what i expected and more. Staff were attentive and helpful. They genuinely did there best to make sure i had the best nights sleep possible. Only a 20 min drive to Alton towers!

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Premier Inn Newcastle-under-Lyme? Share your experiences!