“Fancy a great curry - try Mr Maliks!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mr Maliks

Mr Maliks
53 Iron Market | Stoke-On-Trent Staffordshire, Newcastle-under-Lyme ST5 1PE, England
+44 1782 621212
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Asian, Indian, Seafood, Bangladeshi
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Welcome to Mr Maliks Mr Maliks is an Indian Restaurant and Takeaway, providing a consistantly high standard of food based In Newcastle-Under-Lyme and Serving surrounding areas in Stoke on Trent and Staffs. As well as an excellent atmospheric restaurant, Mr Maliks also offers Deliveries, Takeaways, Online ordering and an Online Table Booking service. Mr Maliks is now taking party buffet booking for either the 3 floor restaurant or for takeaway orders - please call the management to discuss prices and availability Mr Malik's is run by Muhammad Ali Malik's; who has been featured on BBC NEWS, in The Sun newspaper, NDTV, and has made many appearances in The Stoke sentinel . He has won - and been nominated- for many awards nationwide. At Mr Maliks NO artificial colorings are used, and ALL the spices are freshly prepared. Only fresh Chicken and Lamb are used by Mr Malik, and all our curries are Cholesterol Free! Curry dishes include tandoori, sea food, lamb, chicken, classic favourites and many vegetarian dishes. With over 20 years experience in the Indian food industry, Mr Maliks offers free takeaway delivery on all orders over £10, With different Weekly Specials available online, You can order from the comfort of your home AND see your food being cooked on the live web cam!! Also Book A Table at Mr Maliks Indian Restaurant by calling A great environment for all occasions: Office Parties, birthdays, special occasions or just meeting friends, Mr Malik's provides a friendly atmosphere with fantastic food for all occasions
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Fancy a great curry - try Mr Maliks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

My wife and I booked a table here as we are big curry fans and this was one of the few Indians in S-O-T we had yet to try - our table wasn't ready when we arrived so Mr Malik himself offered us a complimentary drink while we waited, which in the end only turned out to be about 5 minutes. Once seated we were brought poppadums (free of charge as standard with this restaurant) and even got an extra couple added as I explained how much I liked them. The waiters were excellent and genuinely friendly and the main courses were a good size and delicious. Since eating there I have recommended this place to everyone who so much as mentions a curry and assure them they would not be disappointed. At the end of the meal we got a complimentary shot (everyone gets these) and hot towels which look like white tablets but expand into a piping hot cloth when dipped in water. Overall a lovely meal in a relaxed environment, we WILL be back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

London, England, United Kingdom
“mr maliks has got to be the best in all of uk”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

mr maliks food is top and mr malik is very knowledgeablly he knows a lot about indian food
he was very helpfull

• Visited March 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Great food, great service, great night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Mum and I fancied curry, but did not fancy making our own. After checking out the reviews on Tripadvisor, and considering another place which did not open until 5pm, I decided to give Mr Maliks a go. There was no problem with arriving between 7 and 7.30, though I had anticipated difficulties. The service was good, aided by the size of the restaurant. We overheard the owner saying that if it was any bigger the quality of the food would suffer; also he did not put things on his takeaway menu for the same reason. The quality of the food was excellent. We ordered the butterfly prawn and aloo chicken with garlic as a starter. Both were generous portions and very tasty, especially the latter. Mum then ordered the tandoori mixed grill, which came with plain naan, salad and yoghurt dressing. As with everything it was cooked to order and arrived sizzling. The only comment is that it would be better if the tandoori was kept on its sizzling plate as there was little room to cut up the food on the dinner plate. A bigger dinner plate would also solve the problem. I ordered Acharai lamb with pilau rice. Again a generous portion which I could not finish. I had never ordered or made this type of curry before and really enjoyed the different flavour. Despite being very full I decided to try a dessert and selected the Barfi Kulfi. This had an interesting flavour (it has been ages since I have eaten Barfi), but the only downside is it had been overheated and the outside had gone slightly sloppy. I did not stop me from finishing it, but the consistency put Mum off trying it. I suspect it is not something most people order, so the restaurant does not have its defrosting timing perfected!

Overall we had a great evening and will definitely visit again. It was interesting to see the food being cooked on the screens round the room and the Bollywood music from YouTube was not so loud as to prevent conversation. At about £20 a head with a large Cobra it was also great value for money.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
“Great Indian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I ended up at Mr Maliks by chance a few weeks ago, as I was looking for an Indian straight after work and nowhere else was open that early. I am so glad, because I had a really fantastic meal. So great that I just went again tonight, and I'm sat writing this with a tummy full of delicious tikka massala!

I loved the restaurant environment. It's bright and colourful and newly decorated with a lovely plush red carpet. On the walls are two flat screens that show the kitchens so you can watch the food being prepared (which is somewhat mesmerising).

A lot of Indian food can be much of a muchness, but the food here really stood out. The chicken was beautifully juicy and full of flavour from the marinade and the sauces were rich and delicious. Tonight I tried Mr Maliks special rice; which has coconut, dried fruit and nuts in it. I was a little apprehensive as I normally just have a pilau rice, but it was heavenly and went really well with tikka massala and korma. The naan breads were generously sized and had that lovely fluffy texture.

The service is outstanding and it's clear that the owner really takes pride in this and recognises the importance of service in creating the perfect restaurant experience. The staff are warm and welcoming, giving complimentary poppadums and sauces on arrival. They also gave complimentary digestifs at the end of the meal.

So for around fifteen pounds I had poppadums, heaps of main course, a dessert and a little tipple at the end of the meal. Where else could one get that? Excellent value.

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“mr maliks restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Went with a groupon voucher fantastic food even with voucher they gave good full portion.excellent service friendly staff been back for a take away would highly recommend and will definitely be going back.