We stayed at this hotel as we were attending a wedding a few miles away and therefore had booked a number of rooms. The location of the hotel was very convenient only a minute from the motorway.
Having attended the church wedding service we chose to check-in and leave all the cars at the hotel before getting taxis to the wedding reception. A number of us checked-in at the same time and reception seemed ill-equipped to handle this, it took over half an hour to check-in 10 or so people. We arrived around 2.45pm and a number of rooms were not ready despite being advertised as check-in from 2pm. The room was fine although quite small. Whilst we had a family room, it wasn't any bigger than a double just had an extra bed squeezed in. When we returned later we had to ask for towels and toiletries, which I think had been forgotten in the rush to get the rooms ready.
We did not return until midnight so cannot comment on the dinner or bar service. Breakfast was a buffet and staff were friendly. There was a variety of continental and full English items but I was a bit disappointed that there were no additional vegetarian items when I asked i.e veggie sausages. However it was enjoyable and plentiful.
We did have chance to use the leisure facilities which was a welcome treat. The pool was adequate in size and clean. There was also a jacuzzi and sauna.
Overall I don't think this hotel would warrant a special trip, but if you need to stay in the area it is fine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent is an ideal location for both the business and leisure traveller. The hotel is situated just off the M6 at Jct 15 and on our doorstep we have fantastic link roads to all destinations within the Midlands. Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent completed a 1.5 Million refurbishment at the beginning of 2007 including reception, conference facilities, bedrooms & lounge/bar. Stoke on Trent, fondly called the Potteries is famous for its ceramics, and has three city centres, Hanley, Stoke On Trent and Newcastle under Lyme. With 118 Air Conditioned bedrooms, all of which are decorated to an excellent standard, contemporary and comfortable, with all the up to date facilities you would expect from the Holiday Inn brand. The Meetings Network programme offers 2 suites, 7 syndicate rooms and high speed internet access.For the healthy minded the Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent has a fantastic Spirit Health Club which has a swimming pool and gymnasium, or lie back and relax in our jacuzzi and sauna.Local Intersts: ALTON TOWERS -Get your adrenalin pumping Ride Em We Dare You: WEDGWOOD - Famous for Pots and Ceramics TRENTHAM AWAKES - A touch of Italy with its gardens, vineyard, Monkey Forest and retail outlets.See our packages for fantastic family deals where kids stay and eat free. Terms and Conditions apply. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Holiday Inn Stoke on Trent M6 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Stoke On Trent m6 Hotel Newcastle-Under-Lyme
- Holiday Inn Newcastle Under Lyme
- Newcastle Under Lyme Holiday Inn