“Wedding Venue” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   26 King Street, Newcastle-under-Lyme ST5 1HX, England   |
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Wedding Venue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We held our wedding reception at the Borough Arms Hotel on 8 June and it was amazing from start to finish! The staff, particularly Mr Sheikh, Emma, Simon & Tim, very gratiously accommodated all our wishes right from the beginning. We booked a package but they were flexible and we managed to please everyone. We didn't see the room until after the ceremony and we wasn't disappointed. We had left instructions on the layout and it was carried out to the letter - it looked fantastic.The wedding breakfast was beautiful - every guest commented on how nice and fresh the food was. The evening buffet was just as delicious with a great choice for all.
We used the house DJ who we supplied with a play list, but also accepted requests, and I don't think there was one track that had an empty dance floor - even the DJ and his wife said they had enjoyed the great choice of music A fabulous time was had by all and again, the bar and reception staff commented on what a good night it was! Honeymoon suite was very spacious and spotlessly clean. We joined many of our family and friends for breakfast (which was also very nice) the following morning and enjoyed reminiscing about the previous evening. We can't thank everyone involved enough for ensuring we had a wonderful day. Highly recommended & great value for money. Thanks again, Tony & Teresa

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

247 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Newcastle under Lyme, null, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We booked our wedding reception with the Borough Arms we had the wedding breakfast which was absolutely fantastic, food was piping hot & all our guests commented how delicious it was.
The buffet for the evening was also very good & a good variety, the DJ was very good a good mixture of music for everyone.
Emma our wedding co-ordinator & Mr Sheikh the Hotel Manager we can't thank you enough for making our day run a perfect as it did Oh also thanking all the staff that worked that day.
I would highly recommend the Borough Arms for a Wedding Reception they really look after you & all my guests had a fab day.
Thank you again Tracey & Jonathan Wright.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Maidstone, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

After an administrative mix up at my company I found myself hoteless at 11.30pm. After driving round trying to find another hotel in Newcastle that wasn't fully booked I was pointed in the direction of the Borough arms. Phew, they could help. Guy on reception was very helpful and welcoming even tho by now it was 12.30am. The room was basic but tidy and clean. All staff next morning were friendly and helpful even tho I had managed to park awkwardly as my arrival only gave me Hobson's choice regarding parking spot. Great full breakfast. All in all extremely good value and they will get my business again and that of my staff when visiting the area. Well done! Much better than staying in a chain hotel.

Room Tip: Away from main road but I had a room there and was not very noisy.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Bath, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I came to Staffordshire without high hopes for the Borough Arms, yet I still feel slightly dissappointed. We were given or of the annex rooms, and though the room was large, the bed one probably the smallest double I have ever seen. The bathroom looked as though it lacked tlc with several of the fixtures and fittings in the process of excommunicating themselves from the wall.
There also appeared to be little privacy with the curtains barely covering the windows and the feeling that every noise you made could be heard next door, especially since we heard our neighbours, a lot. We stayed here trying to save our friends who were paying some money. I'm not sure it was worth it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Stoke-On-Trent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

We booked our wedding reception at the Borough Arms Hotel after researching a lot of other places, mainly due to the first impressions given to us by Mr Sheikh the hotel manager. Nothing seemed too much trouble, and we were very happy to trust the hotel with our big day's celebrations. We were given plenty of options and we were allowed to customise parts of the menu to our liking, everyone was very helpful all along the way. Emma was our wedding co-ordinator who looked after us very well and set our mind at rest with last minute details and Simon kept everything running smoothly at the reception.

The food was delicious. Cant really say a lot else, everyone enjoyed the meals and there wasnt a single bad report from anyone. For the evening buffet, same again. The food was lovely, and was topped up when it looked like it was running out - evening guests were full of compliments on the quality of the food.

We used the hotel's own dj for the evening's entertainment, our song choices were all played and there was a good mix of music for all tastes.

The hotel staff were great at all times, helped to re-organise the rooms for the evening reception while guests were having drinks through in the bar, helped us cut up the wedding cake and we served some of it to the guests, and what was left was cling filmed and saved for us to take home again.

Everyone had a fantastic time, and we are really glad we chose the Borough Arms Hotel to host our wedding reception, we would reccomend anyone thinking of hiring somewhere for any kind of function to use them, they were brilliant!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
BoroughArmsHotel, General Manager at Borough Arms Hotel, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear Gary

Firstly may I thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor following your wedding reception at the hotel.

I am delighted to hear that your day went well and everything was to your satisfaction, and that the food provided was enjoyed by you and your guests. I have passed on your kind sentiments to all the staff involved.

Thank you once again for your valuable comments and I hope I have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future

Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

The Borough Arms Hotel is in walking distance of home, and as a family we have enjoyed many happy family occasions both in the restaurant and in the function rooms. The atmosphere is traditional, relaxed and friendly and the food has always been served to a consistent high standard. It is managed in a professional way and overall provides excellent value.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Dorothy

Firstly may I thank you for your recent review of the hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am very pleased that you have had a pleasant experience with us on more than one occasion and that the food and service provided has remained to your satisfaction.

Once again, thank you for your kind comments and I look forward to welcoming you back for many more happy occasions in the future!

Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

First time in this little northern town, and the Borough Arms Hotel was chosen purely for the location, but friends had previously stayed and said it was ok. It's more an 'inn' than a hotel, but it was clean and comfortable with very friendly staff and very reasonably priced. Couldn't ask for more really. It is dated inside, but clearly well managed and looked after. I'm used to more upscale upmarket hotels, but I'd stay here again. It's kind of what I expected, and I couldn't ask for more from it. Peaceful and good nights sleep.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dear Gary

I would like to thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor following your stay at the hotel.

I am very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and found everything to your satisfaction.

Thank you once again for your favourable comments and I hope I have the pleasure of welcoming you back at the hotel in the near future.

Kind regards

Been to Borough Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!