“THE BEST IN THE AREA.” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: Situated just outside Newcastle Under Lyme Town Centre in a converted Terrace property, Marloes is a Fully Licensed Small Family Run Restaurant. Specialising in Freshly cooked and prepared English Cuisine using the freshest of ingredients locally sourced wherever possible. Opening Hours Monday Closed Tuesday 19:00 till 23:00 Wednesday 19:00 till 23:00 Thursday 19:00 till 23:00 Friday 18:45 till 00:00 Saturday 18:30 till 00:00 Sunday Closed
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“THE BEST IN THE AREA.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

From the minute you arrive, a warm welcome. cosy. food is all top quality. Wine is expensive but its all about the total package which is outstanding.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank dale h

Greasby, United Kingdom
“Lovely Ambience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

This was our first time at Marloes and it wont be our last
The food was fantastic, well cooked and well presented, the staff where very attentive
and gave us great advice on the wine selection.
My husband and I visited as it was our wedding anniversary and the ambience could`nt be better with a romantic setting, with low lighting.
Just a shame I didnt have any room for a dessert.
Would highly recommend for a great night out.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
2 Thank Julie S
Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
“overlooked gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

The food and atmosphere here are fantastic. The fact that you usually need to book in advance tells you all you need to know!

Visited October 2011
“Superb dining experience, did not disappoint in any way.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Visited Marloes for a birthday treat & could not fault the quality of the food. Excellent in every aspect. We will definitely return & hopefully next time have enough room for desert.

Newcastle-Under-Lyme
“Brillian small local restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

I love going to Marloes with my wife! It is a small, cosy place with an intimate feel. You should really book in advance to make sure you get a table but it is well worth the effort.

Due to it being quite small, the staff are very attentive and friendly. They really make you feel welcome and at home. Our waiter was also very good with wine and recommended our wine when we ordered the food. This was a nice touch as it made the meal more special – I don’t have a clue about wine!!

The menu is great with a good mix of food. When it arrives, the food is brilliant – cooked superbly and tasty.

It is also not too expensive – I wouldn’t say it was cheap but I didn’t feel ripped off at all. I felt we paid for good quality and that is exactly what we got.

I will certainly be re-visiting Marloes and it is one of my favourite local restaurants.

• Visited July 2012