“A hidden jewel - Consistently excellent food let down by uninspired management” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Kavi Indian Restaurant

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

These guys can cook and have authentic pedigree. Their food is highly rated by many of the discerning Indian doctors + professionals in the area. Front of house is poorly presented; service can be well intentioned and friendly but often slow. The menu cards are old and the menu has hardly been changed in years. Having said that some of the dishes are really superb. The hotel management team are squandering a real gem

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

66% Recommend
Staffordshire, midlands, UK
“Superb food, well dressed delivery driver and excellent quality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Ordered take away for delivery, had a phone call within minutes of placing the order to say that the ice cream we had ordered with our desert would melt if they delivered it - I thought this was very considerate of the Restaurant and they offered us an extra desert instead of the ice cream with no extra cost - brill The food arrived within 45 minutes (we had ordered quite a lot), the delivery person was very well dressed, very polite and said enjoy your meal (not all delivery drivers do that!). The food was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! It tasted so fresh and not like a take away - it tasted like I would expect from a top class Indian Restaurant - superb!!! I would definitely recommend them!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Good Indian food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

The food is good and well cook. The menu is quite extensive. The decoration is nice and there is car park. Good value for money
Little slow service.

Visited November 2012
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Expensive warmed up food. Unhygienic”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

Firstly when I arrived I noticed the kitchen was open for all to see. I thought this should be good as not many around are like this. However I saw two big trays of rice and two massive trays of curry containing something light coloured.
After being seated for at least 15 minutes the waiter came to take our order. The menu didn't have much choice unlike other Indian restaurants i've been to. The starters were £8 upwards which is expensive. The curries started at £8.50. I had to point to each item so he could write each down as he couldn't understand. He obviously spoke little English. After about 15 minutes the waiter came to say they had run out of Tandoori chicken which was my other half's starter. Surely we should have been told this when we ordered. My prawn starter came as it was lovely however I didn't think it was worth the £9 something price tag. After yet another wait the mains came but the rice was missing. We thought the waiter had gone to get it however after another 5 minutes we queried this. He went into the kitchen and the chef put some rice in a dish and put it in the microwave, £3.25 for microwaveable rice. When we queried whether the rice was fresh the waiter assured us it was. We knew otherwise. I now know the curries we ordered were warmed up as they had come from the trays I'd seen earlier on. The only good thing was the naans. A spider shot pass our table and we mentioned it to the waiter who stood straight on it in front of us.

As we could see in the kitchen we saw the following:

The chef lick his hand then continuing to prepare food.

The chef on his mobile then continuing to cook.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Dundee, United Kingdom
“amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

good food nice service cheap but very very good food i wanted to eat there again. the staff where lovely the music lovely thefood to die for

Visited October 2012