“The unpretentious country pub I've been looking for” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 58 Restaurants in Wetherby
Cuisines: English, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Windmill Inn is situated in the heart of Linton, a five minute drive from the market town of Wetherby. We are a quintessentially British pub, with original wooden beams and charming stone floors. During the cold winter months, the log fires roar away, yet in the summer, the award winning beer garden makes the perfect place for a relaxing day out. We're also proud to announce the opening of our two new boutique bed and breakfast apartments, nestled into either side of the stone arches, which has also allowed us to start serving breakfast.
Leeds
“The unpretentious country pub I've been looking for”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

For years I've been trying to find a nice country pub just outside Leeds and have never found one until now. We've been to the Windmill Inn a couple of times in the last month with our kids (9 and 11) and it has been really pleasant - friendly staff, well-cooked and honest food and good prices. The kids liked it as much as we did and it was their request that led us there a second time.

We went on a Saturday and a Thursday evening and on both occasions it was busy but not crowded. There were as many in the bar as in the restaurant. Apparently the beers are really good.

It has a lovely beer garden, so I'm just waiting for a warm summer evening to go back with some friends and try it.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Alnwick
“Nice food, great staff, good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

We had a friday night meal, which was cooked fresh and was tasty and good value. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the service was good. The premises are nice and well decorated.
For two people we had a main meal, coffee and an alcoholic drink each, the price was just under £30.00, which I thought was good value.
I like to review a business on the service you receive which was excellent, however the owners cannot do anything about SOME of the clientele who use the premises, The words loud, obnoxious, rude, spring to mind!!
I would recommend this pub to others as you cannot condeme the presmises due to the manners of a small section of the clientele.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
“Nice little dog friendly pub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

We went on a rainy Saturday lunchtime for lunch and some drinks. Nothing exceptional but just one of those nice friendly places with good honest food for a decent price. I had a duck baguette and chips, my friend had lamb chops and we were both very happy with our choices!
I don't drink beer but my husband tried a couple of the draught ales and was very happy!
The dog was very welcome, although only in the bar area not the restaurant.
Overall would recommend.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Wetherby, United Kingdom
“Delicious pub grub/Excellent value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Visiting this pub at 7.30 on a friday night it was a real shame to see the restaurant so quiet. We were one of only three parties dining. The menu is typical pub grub with some good dishes of the day. I opted for the pie which was lovely. Hubby went for the burger which looked great and he assures was as tasty as it appeared! The puddings were also delicious and the prices very reasonable for the quality of food served. The bar was packed with people queuing continuously (not something you see that often in pubs anymore) Staff were super efficient and very friendly just wish more people were using the restaurant. Perhaps we just hit it on an unusually quiet night?

Visited February 2013
Leeds
“One of my favourite places for Sunday Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I really cannot believe some of the reviews I've read on here about the Windmill. I've been coming here for more than 30 years for the odd pint, but I've been eating in the restaurant at least once a month for the past 3 or 4 years. Admittedly we only visit on Sunday lunchtime but we get a warm welcome and the food is always fine. Recently the place has raised prices and Sunday lunch is now around £15 for three courses but the quality of the food is excellent and the portion sizes are perfectly gauged so that you enjoy three courses without feeling over stuffed or starving. There's always a choice of a couple of decent hand pulled beers that are well kept. We always come here if we can't be bothered to venture much further, perhaps due to inclement weather, as we live only about 5 miles away to the east of Leeds. We've never had a disappointing meal and we eat out very regularly at least 3 times a week at places supposedly finer than this !!

• Visited February 2013