“A fabulous find close to Wetherby” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Wetherby

You added Days Inn Wetherby to your Saves list
Days Inn Wetherby
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   J46 A1(M) Wetherby Services | Kirk Deighton, Wetherby LS22 5GT, England   |
Hotel deals
Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Wetherby
Dumfries, United Kingdom
“A fabulous find close to Wetherby”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

Stayed one night but would have loved to stay longer in the area. Lovely airy reception, lounge, dining area. Friendly, helpful staff. Excellent quality continental style breakfast for the money. Lovely comfy, clean and very quiet room. Just so totally unexpected considering it's location at a service area. We'll be back.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

This was another hotel we stayed at with no prior reservations. We were just stopping to grab a bite to eat at the services area, but when we saw the sign for the Days Inn in the same lot, we went in and checked it out.

Very nice lobby, and got a room quickly. Room was comfortable and nicely appointed with amenities which included a sofa bed (already made up!) for my 5 year old daughter.

The room rate also included a continental breakfast. It was okay, there were only two hot items, I think scrambled eggs and some salty bacon. A nice surprise was the olives, brie and baguettes, which I've never seen at a breakfast buffet (but I'll take it!) We arrived to breakfast towards the end (but not at the last minute) and there wasn't much left.

The front desk staff could be a little more observant, as I twice waited the next morning for over 5 minutes before someone came in from the back room to help me.

All in all, I'd stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Peebles Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

Stayed here one night to break our recent journey to the South of England.On arrival staff were friendly and helpful and we were checked in almost instantly.Room was very clean and of a good standard with all mod cons that one would need for a short stay.Had a very restfull night even though the hotel is close to the moterway with no noise from outside at all.Would recommend for a short stay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
iclemer
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

Booked this hotel to celebrate a friend's 50th birthday at York Races. I could not get anything in York, as everywhere was either booked or wanted you to book two nights. The hotel turned out to be a brilliant base for the weekend - it was clean, the staff were friendly and, although the breakfast was continental, it was lovely with warm danish pastries, croissants, baguettes, hams, cheeses, etc. Yummy! This was made even better as we found free breakfast vouchers online before we went. The receptionist booked us a taxi to the races which turned up on time and the restaurant we used in York after the races booked us one back - brilliant service. As it is difficult o find hotels in the centre of York when the race meetings are on, I would not hesitate to book this hotel again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011 via mobile

I have just spent 2 nights at this hotel & have found it Perfect! Yes It is in a service station on the A1 but it's in the corner & in my opinion a prime location for visiting the North Yorkshire area or even if just passing through! We visited With 2 children aged 12 & our room was great, we Had 2 Double beds a beautiful Shower room & Freeview Tv plus hospitality tray ect.. The room was large and faced the back of the hotel where at Night-time the children watched the many rabbits running around! I found the staff really friendly & very helpful letting us know about the local attractions that were of interest to us. The only thing I would have liked was to have more than 1 hot chocolate in the tray with the tea & coffee as trying to share that with 2 children was a little hard! But let's face it that wasn't & isn't the end of the world! I can't wait to come back again for my next Yorkshire visit.

• Stayed July 2011
North West
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

Good straightforward low cost hotel, handy for motorway, clean, simple good breakfast, friendly welcome. Typical business style rooms but decent size, clean and functional. Nice shower "room"

Kilmartin, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

I am writing this from my room at Days Inn, Wetherby. The room is large, the TV has digital channels (though not all) and the wet room is fabulous. The staff were very helpful and welcoming and I cannot find fault. Yes, it's in a service station on the A1 but that's not a secret!! My room is facing the side and my entertainment was watching the very large rabbits eating and dancing.
Whilst this would not have been my first choice of hotel before this now I would not hesitate to return if necessary. Heaps better than Travelodge and, on this one visit, better than Premier Inn.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Been to Days Inn Wetherby? Share your experiences!