“Shame about the wait” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Weymouth, United Kingdom
“Shame about the wait”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Fifteen of us went to this busy restaurant the other night for a meal. the restaurant was very busy. We had pre-booked and had given the chef our meal requests several days before our booking. The food was hot and well cooked, but unfortuatley the kitchen couldn't get everyone's meal out on time. Two of our party had to wait for their main meal. Most of the others in our party had nearly finished their food before ours arrived. Desserts were nothing special.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Norfolk
“Tasty and plenty of it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

My wife and I had a meal tonight at Rossinis Restaurant.
I had scallops wrapped in Parma ham to start. 4 scallops on a bed of puréed brocoli with a red wine jus. Very tasty and at £7.95 not too expensive. My wife had a goats cheese salad which was enormous and very tasty.
For mains I had a seafood paella with a good mixture of seafood in it. My wife had chicken al horno, chicken with chorizo in a really creamy sauce and wild rice.
With a drink each the bill was £46.75 which is a bit pricey but the food was excellent and the service was very good. There was plenty of choice so could easily eat here again.

• Visited September 2012
Stockport, United Kingdom
“Great food, great value, great portions.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

was taken out for evening dinner to this great restaurant had the lamb tagine, it was brilliant, desert was wonderful, the whole meal was fantastic would reccommend it.

Visited August 2012
Bristol, England
“Delicious food, good service (shame about the crayons!)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We have been here before several times in the past, and went back recently for a family birthday celebration, the first time we had been since it was under new management. We very much enjoyed the food and the atmosphere, the staff were friendly and helpful. We were all very disappointed, however, to see that the paper tablecloths were no longer in use - you used to be able to draw on the tablecloths with crayons- not just for kids, everyone did it! We saw at the bottom of the menu that you now have to request them and pay 50p for the privilege. I can appreciate maybe that the tablecloths cost a small amount each- but couldn't this be factored into the price of the food? It's a shame because they used to be a unique aspect of Rossini's and a talking-point, I think they are missing out by introducing this new policy. I must say we enjoyed everything else about the visit, and the food was especially memorable and delicious.

• Visited August 2012
Chester, England, United Kingdom
“Best lamb tagine evr”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

A really nice restaurant giving a really good choice of italian / continental food. The merlot we chose to drink was excellent too. I had the lamb & my husband the sea food tagine, both delicious.I had the raspberry creme brulee and he had the black cherry cheesecake & ice cream~ both scrummy. Prices are reasonable, service & atmosphere very good

• Visited August 2012