“Past holidays - J.Gordon” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Russell Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Weymouth
Russell Hotel
You added Russell Hotel to your Saves list
135 - 138 The Esplanade, Weymouth DT4 7NG , England   |
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Weymouth
Glasgow
“Past holidays - J.Gordon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

My husband and myself spent our holidays every year at the Russell Hotel when Matthew and Jenny were at the helm, Janet in reception, Manuel in charge of the dining room. We also took two dogs with us and quite often got the bridal suite! We never had any complaints at all and the food and entertainment was excellent.
Unfortunately due to ill health and the loss of my husband I am not now able to travel the ten hours drive from Scotland. It is now over ten years since I have been there but I would go back in a minute if I could.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

we have just enjoyed a coach trip with friends and family as part of a party of 40 people to weymouth and stopped at the Russell Hotel from a friday to a monday. We were in a room on the 1st floor, the rooms were clean and tidy and a good size. The lady on reception "Janet" was very helpful and had a lovely smile. In the restaurant although there was about 3 coach parties, the food was served up hot and there was a reasonable variety and portions were just right and the menu was different each day. If you did ask for more they would try and accomadiate you. Overall we all enjoyed our stay and will be booking to go next year. I can't see where some of the reviews for this hotel have come from as we have found it very reasonably and good value for money.

Room Tip: we stopped on the 1st floor to the rear of the hotel
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Don't go by all you read, I took a party of 40 for a long weekend,
Food second to none and staff very helpful, rooms very clean entertainment average shame bar not open in the afternoon, I think they would do will. Will I book here a gain yes all ready have 40 plus for next year.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Just spent the worst five days holiday in the Russell hotel weymouth.
Arrived to find we had been put in tiny attic rooms which were so low that Evan at five foot I was hitting my head on the beams and the heat was intolerable.
I contacted the hotel in advance to state that I had a butter intolerance and was advised it would not be a problem, on arrival I again stated this fact and was again advised it would not be a problem.
When meal time arrived I ordered and my meal contained butter, when I asked the reason for this the reply was the chef wouldn't make an exception for me, consequently I had salad for every meal.
The lift took an eternity to work, quite a lot of the waiters were rude and after waiting over half hour for beverages I was told if I didn't want to wait to go to the bar and get a drink there.
All in all this is the worst hotel experience I have had for many years.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
bristol
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We arrived on a friday parked the car and made our way to the reception After the lady had finished talking to someone for about ten minutes about her own grandchildren she ask if she could help we said we would like to check in she very abruptly said that we where early and told to get in the queue this was a bad start it would have been nice if she said HELLO . Anyway we booked with martyns travel and i must say we had value for money and would return DONT EXPECT TO MUCH

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Stayed in the Russel hotel for four nights. We had a room at the rear of the building
the windows were that dirty you could hardly see out. The kitchen and waiting staff need
a lot of praise ther wer.e all very good. On leaving handing back the keys at the reception
I found a scruffy man on the reception. He was anything but pleasent. The bedding
had a rubber protector. Not a very good room at all. Ask for a see view it is well worth the
extra £12

Room Tip: Ask for sea view
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Newport
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

First impressions are of a hotelin need of tlc. Outside is grubby no flowers no handrail for elderly visitors. Receptionisfriendly and luggage carried to room. One small lift is never enough.
Room in need ofdecoration with peeling wallpaper and dingy bathroom. Hoever bedding was clean, nicenewcurtains. Breakfast and evening meals were excellent with nothing too much trouble.

Room Tip: Pay extra for thd great sea view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Russell Hotel? Share your experiences!