“EXCELLENT SERVICE - FOOD OK” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, British, Wine Bar
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Late Night
Bournemouth
“EXCELLENT SERVICE - FOOD OK”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

Booked table for 9pm Friday 11th April 2014 for my partners birthday. This is our second visit to the Bistro and we were both really looking forward to the food as it had been amazing on our 1st visit.

We were shown a table by the window which was covered in 'birthday' confetti, 2 party poppers and a 'birthday' banner - really lovely touch.

Highly recommend the Melon Baller Cocktail - absolutely 'huge' and definitely perfect for sharing.

We had the seafood platter (for sharing) all cooked to perfection. However, the muscles in curry sauce was disappointingly tasteless.

My partner ordered the North African fish stew (which he had on our 1st visit and absolutely loved) but I think the Chef must have changed as this was very watery and very lacking in taste or content compared to the one he had eaten before.

I had Fish of the Day - Bream. It was ok but nothing outstanding.

Desert was gorgeous - double chocolate cheesecake and icecream - just perfect.

Highly recommend the French Martini's.

Cannot fault attention to details, customer service. Waiting staff were A1 just disappointed by the lack of taste of the food

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Fabulous food, great wine!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

We visited Oasis to celebrate my partners 40th and we were very impressed!! The food was exceptional, particularly the Seafood platter, and i have to say that my steak was cooked to absolute perfection (a feat given I've probably only said that a handful of times in my life). My partners' Sea Bream was served simply, with the focus on the fresh fish, and she thoroughly enjoyed it. Justine, who served us, was knowledgable and attentive, but not obtrusive. We also tried a couple of the wines and they were both great. We were really impressed with the value and would highly recommend a visit!! We'll definitely be back.

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Great find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

Floods was closed so we went to the other side of the Quay. Great place. Staff were really great. Food was excellent. Great atmosphere. Definitely worth a visit.

Weymouth, United Kingdom
“Fine food by the harbour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

Visited on Mother's Day, around 1 pm. We had reserved a table, and we're seated in the window, which boasts fantastic harbour views.
We ordered a 3 course meal, and whilst waiting for our starters, we listened to the solo acoustic guitarist who was entertaining the diners. A very nice atmosphere indeed.
After a short wait our starters arrived - delicious and fresh.
Between us the mains consisted of Beef Roasts and Classic Fish Pies. Both mains were delicious, well presented and good value.
The treacle tart and ice cream to finish was exceptional.
I have given the Oasis Bistro& Wine Room a five star rating because from the moment we walked in, to when we left, we experienced good professional waitressing, fine, well cooked and presented food, a lovely atmosphere and great value for money.
Well done to you all at The Oasis Bistro & Wine Room, this is how a Bistro should sound, smell and feel!
We'll certainly be visiting again !

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

I chose the Oasis Bistro as a dinner venue when two friends came to visit us, partly because of the location but also because it had excellent reviews. It would appear the ownership changed recently and I can only assume this explains why our experience did not match that of the earlier reviewers. We were the only people in there, but the waitress was very friendly and attentive, she checked 5 or 6 times in the space of 10 minutes if we were ready to order our mains - we were too busy chatting over our drinks to look at the menu but hadn't thought this was an issue given how quiet it was! The menu was printed on badly laminated paper which I know is a small thing, but this isn't a cheap place to eat so felt it let it down. The starters were a little disappointing given the price. My modules marinieres were ok, but the others were a little disappointed with the size of their lamb - accompanied by a generous portion of rocket. I was disappointed which is a real shame as I was hoping it might become a regular place for us to eat.