“Average room, great breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12-18 Dorchester Road, Weymouth DT4 7JU, England   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Weymouth
Magor
“Average room, great breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here on business, the hotel staff were friendly and accommodating, the room was okay, with a comfortable bed and a good shower, but that's about it. The best was saved until the end, breakfast was superb.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

for one night but we were totally impressed. The Hotel is only a short walk to the sea front or town. All of the staff were first rate they catered for all our requests with a smile & nothing was to much trouble. Something Hotels with more stars could learn from. The room was large, comfortable & spotlessly clean. The food was of a high standard both at breakfast & dinner with a wide & varied choice. I would not hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
reading
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

We stayed for one night as a family of four on a B&B basis.
Very friendly Staff, everything explained on Check-in.
Swimming pool was clean and spacious, nice Jacuzzi, Sauna and Steam room.
Family changing rooms and lockers available.
Room was clean with plenty of tea and coffee - no fridge though but this was not a problem.
Pleasant sleep, beds were very comfortable, no road noise from our room.
Breakfast was very good, lots of choices from cereal to a Full English, milk was cold and the food was hot 5*.
I would recommend this Hotel for a stay, very reasonably priced too.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

The hotel has a local feel about it. By that I mean most of the employees are from the local Weymouth area and seem to genuinely enjoy their work. Rooms are well appointed. Good quality toiltetries, tea, coffee, biscuits. Rooms are clean and well found. Good open bar area with Sky sports. One of the best hotel swimming and plunge pools I have seen, Tanning room and a well found but compact gym. Outstanding value for money. Good wifi signal in the rooms. I stay on business for 1 or 2 nights at a time and find the hotel has everything I need. I had a carvery lunch on Wednesday. £7.50 a head. Amazing value.

Room Tip: I have stayed in 3 different rooms and have never been disturbed or bothered by outside noise.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I stayed here with my partner and two friends in August. We had booked two rooms, equally priced, and were very disappointed to see the completely different standards of the two rooms. My room was lovely, a very nice size, clean, actually duvet on the bed etc. it was worth the money we had paid for it. After setting in I went to see my friends in their room and it was completely the opposite. It was tiny and very old fashioned; there was hardly room to walk around the bed. My friend and I went down to reception to complain about the difference in the rooms and the lady at the desk said she was shocked to hear of our disappointment, she looked on her computer and said that the room has a king size bed in there so she didn’t understand why we were complaining. We asked her if she had seen the room and she admitted that she had not. My friends were moved to another room but it was only marginally larger than the first room. We had both paid over £100 a night for our stay and I felt a little bit guilty that my room was so much better.
The bar staff the first night were very friendly and breakfast in the morning was lovely. My partner enjoyed the swimming pool in the morning and was very pleased. However, the second night we stayed we went into town and returned about midnight, we had been told the hotel had a 24 hour bar so we went to have a drink. The man on duty told us we would have to wait to have a drink until he had finished dealing with a wedding party as they were “paying a lot of money”. He seemed to be the only member of staff working that night, surprising that there were not more staff, perhaps one to see to the wedding reception bar and one to see to the guest bar. We waited in the bar for roughly 20 minutes when a guest approached us from the wedding, he was the best man, and he said he would fetch the staff member to make us a drink. When he arrived we were told that we were only allowed one drink, he made it and then scuttled off again leaving us to it. We had our drink and went to bed feeling disappointed.
Our room was lovely and we had a great time apart from the strange night time staff situation, my friends were a little disappointed with their room and because of that we wont’ be staying here again.

Room Tip: Ask for an updated room which cost the same as the tired ones.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Auckland Region, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I had to park a fair way round the back and struggle with a heavy case to reception, They gave me a room upstairs at the back (there is no lift) so my back was aching by the time I got to the room. The room was small and fairly tired looking with creaky floors and the door was impossible to shut quietly (which might be a problem for others). The best part of the experience was the breakfast which had a good choice of cooked options and good service.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Bristol, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Reception failed to pass on our dinner reservation to the restaurant
Restaurant menu that we were given was only a A4 printed handout and un-priced
The parsnips in the carvery option were completly dried out and almost ineditable

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
MassimoMenin, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Hotel Rembrandt, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
This is quite simply NOT TRUE.

We have a vast a la carte menu, a carvery menu and a daily/weekly specials menu!

To view our menus please go to http://www.hotelrembrandt.co.uk/restaurant

Been to BEST WESTERN Hotel Rembrandt? Share your experiences!