“A birthday meal” 4 of 5 stars

01305 771130
Improve this listing
Ranked #125 of 204 Restaurants in Weymouth
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Old Rooms is a historic pub on the Old Harbour in Weymouth. We run a 2 for £12 offer on selected main meals as well as other offers such as Curry Night and Lunch Club. We are dog friendly, family friendly and cater for all sorts of reservations from small to large parties. We offer a wide range of drinks including coffees and teas, wine, real ale and soft drinks. All of our food is great quality and value and our friendly staff will be happy to help you.
Drinking in Dorset
“A birthday meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2015

BOOKING somewhere to eat for a celebration such as a birthday is a task with special importance because everyone will remember the occasion.
So when we held a birthday dinner at the Old Rooms Inn down on Weymouth’s quayside we were hoping for a good meal and fortunately we got one.
The signs were very good as staff offered to show me a list of dietary ingredients because one of our number had to have very plain food.
The meal we enjoyed included nachos, chicken and white wine pie, belly pork, grilled chicken and a very good desert called Caramel Apple Betty.
The Old Rooms does real ale and a pint of The Reverend James was very good.
We had reserved a table and it was clean as was the cutlery while the toilets were also clean and well looked after.
Service was very attentive and friendly, so it was shame that our bill when it came was sky high......because we had been billed for a different group of people sitting at another table!
Fortunately staff apologised when I queried our bill, restored the cash to my card, provided receipts and then took the correct amount for the bill, a very reasonable £45 for food and drinks.
The mistake didn’t affect the enjoyment of our meal and we’d definitely go there again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Old Rooms Inn, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear singhasam

Thank you for providing us with your review.

I can confirm that I have passed on your kind comments to the management team and to the Area Manager of the Old Rooms Inn who would like to thank you for your positive feedback.

We hope to see you soon at the Old Rooms Inn.

Kind regards,

Reigate
“Beer good, attitude bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2015

We went into the pub on holiday and were staying virtually next door. Didn't go back or eat though. Overheard one of the bar staff tell a customer "You can't have an all day breakfast because we're too busy". The breakfast menu is on a blackboard so they should just have removed it! They weren't that busy either as there were tables available. There were also staff who were carrying things around behind he bar but didn't stop to serve when there was a queue. The guy that was serving was really doing his best but they weren't giving him any help. Beer was really good though.

• Visited April 2015
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Old Rooms Inn, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Gailvds

Thank for taking the time to provide us with your review.

I would like to apologise that we failed to meet your expectations at the Old Rooms Inn with regards to the service you received. I can confirm that I have passed on your concerns to the management team who would like to investigate your feedback. We have sent you a direct message to discuss this further.

Poole, United Kingdom
“Very disappointing!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2015

We visited Weymouth from Poole last Sunday and decided to havre a latish lunch somewhere. (Three of us in total) We walked about and decided to try the Old Rooms Inn. We found a seat which looked cleanish and then ordered and paid for our food at the bar. The whole place seemed grubby, the tables were sticky, food all over the menu cards, walls leavisng the ladies were filthy. The food was very average, Definitely will not be visiting The Old Rooms Inn again!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Old Rooms Inn, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Gerhard M

Worcester, United Kingdom
“better than expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2015 via mobile

My bf and I had been having a few drinks around the harbour and went searching for some food as the evening went on. We didn't want anything too fancy or expensive and decided to give the old rooms a go. Firstly we were surprised to find food served until 10 and so had more time than we thought.

The pub was spacious and nicely done out. There was a mixed clientele which was expected.

We ordered whitebait to share to start which was slightly overdone but better than expected and then I had risotto with sea bass for my main. My bf had a beef, chicken and rib special. I was slightly dubious about having risotto in a pub, but it turned out to be a good choice. My bf enjoyed the meat but thought there was no need for the excessive bbq sauce.

All in all, it was better than I had thought it would be, although by no means is it gourmet dining!

Visited April 2015
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Old Rooms Inn, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear gingerhdh

Thank you for providing us with your review.

We hope to see you soon at the Old Rooms Inn.

Kind regards,

“Nice pub poor food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2015

Visited for a bit of Sunday lunch. Good ale on offer but we had to wait 35-40 minutes for food to come out. In the meantime, both tables either side of us complained about their food, this didn't bode well and when oue meals finally reached the table the first thing that hit me was the smell of stale cooking oil. The roast potatoes where white, with just a very slight browning underneath and very greasy. The veg, broccoli and cauliflower where undercooked and rock hard and the Yorkshire pudding was burnt and also greasy and in-edible. Would not eat here again or recommend it. Sorry Old Rooms but you need a chef who can at least boil a bit of veg correctly let alone roast a spud!

Visited March 2015
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Old Rooms Inn, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear darren p