“Fantastic pizza and cider” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Bristol, England
“Fantastic pizza and cider”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We went here twice in August, once was a Tuesday lunchtime which was nice and quiet, and we took advantage of a special offer which made the lunch a bit more affordable. The pizzas were very good on that first visit, especially the toppings. The staff's expertise in suggesting ciders to try ranged from excellent to very poor, which was a shame but we did okay and everything we tried on both visits was great, if a little overpriced. The pizzas were actually even nicer on the Saturday evening when we visited with a large group of friends; the bases were much thinner and crispier, best I've had outside of Rome I do believe, excellent work, and evenly baked. I commend you for offering a good range of vegetarian pizzas and gluten free bases as well, it's considerate and rare even today. Although the menu isn't the cheapest, the pizzas do fill you up well and there was no room for dessert or starters/side dishes so you save money there. Plus, the building's got a great atmosphere and looks great, there are brilliant views across the harbour and lovely decor, so you pay a bit more for the great location, which I feel was totally worth it! Congratulations to the Stable and hope you stay in business for many years to come! We will certainly be back.

Farnborough,England
“Cider and Pizza and allowed my dog in - heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

Great location in the harbour area had read an advert in the Dorset 2012 magazine for this and visited around 3:30pm on a Saturday after a long walk. I was delighted when I asked if they allowed dogs and they said yes sure. So our dog just lay under the bench while we sat delighted near the window looking out at the lovely view spoilt for choice with the number of ciders on the menu. I ordered a couple of halves to try and then realised that they had loads of boxes of all sorts behind the bar. As a cider lover this was like a mini cider festival. The first 2 ciders were great, it was a little warm so the next two we tried on tap and ordered pizzas. It did take a little longer than we expected for the pizzas to arrive as they weren't exceptionally busy but was worth waiting for. The pizzas were absolutely delicious. Thin crust authentic like you'd get in Italy. Went back for more cider from boxes and aked for a couple of ice cubes in each which was much better on such a warm day. Lost count whether we had 4 halves each or 5, everyone was good, some exceptional. Had to drag ourselves away. Looks like a great place to go with a group as the long benches could take quite a sizeable crowd. A lot had signs on stating they were booked around 6/7/8pm so I'd expect you'd have to book for the evenings. We'll definitely make this our first place of call if we get back to Weymouth again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Weymouth, United Kingdom
“Great pizza and cider”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

Friendly with a nice atmosphere this recently opened pub is well worth a visit try the bridport blaster it willblow your ears off. Great range of cider a bit expensive but it's what you expect to pay for a decent cider

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Weymouth, United Kingdom
“A Great Pizza Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Recommended by a friend as a great pizza restaurant, my wife and I decided to give it a go although we don't normally eat pizzas. We went fairly early (12.30 so there were few diners around) this gave us a choice of table so we sat opposite the large window with a fabulous view of Weymouth Harbour. A friendly waiter gave us the menus and invited us to order at the bar when ready.
I had the Lamb Roast Pizza and my wife had the Dorset Oggie (a plait stuffed with cheese, spinach and pumpkin - she felt she couldn't manage a pizza as they are quite large.). Both were delicious. The pizza was generously loaded with cheese veg and lamb (with mint) and was very tasty. All washed down with cider, of which there were a bewildering range of choices. The bartender was very helpful and I managed to get a pint suited to my taste.
As a Weymouth local I will certainly be visiting again.

Lymington, United Kingdom
“Good pizza and a large range of ciders!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

We went to this restaurant twice during our stay in Weymouth. The pizza was very good and food service was quick (although you do have to order your food and drink at the bar). There are long tables that you just share with others who are also eating (no possible to book unless you are 8 or more)....which meant that we got to meet others and have a bit of a different dining experience! Overall a good fun evening, but not so good if you don't like a noisy atmosphere and a sense of chaos! However, as a family we enjoyed it and would go back when next in Weymouth.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere