“Well worth a visit” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 213 Restaurants in Weymouth
Cuisines: European, Contemporary, International
Description: The Dining Room is a family run restaurant in Weymouth town centre. Chef proprietor Taher Jibet and his team have created a relaxed environment in which to enjoy the contemporary menu.The Dining Room offers a lunch and evening a la carte menu and also Afternoon Teas on vintage mismatched china. A separate private dining room is also available for all occasions
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Well worth a visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

A work colleague from abroad kindly introduced me to the Dining Room restaurant the other evening and now working in Weymouth, I hope to visit more often.
The owner/chef and other members of his family have done fantastic in their 1st year and wish them all the success for the future.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Soph_KJ, Owner at The Dining Room, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words. We look forward to you frequenting The Dining Room as often as possible!

“Exquisite food, excellent service and beautiful atmosphere..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

Where to start?? I have frequented this establishment on many an occasion and each time I go it is a delight. It really is Dorset's hidden gem.
Each season the chef puts together both an exciting and exquisite selection of starters, mains and deserts. Each unique, flavoursome and utterly devine. I myself am a huge fan of seafood and I must say his dishes never fail to both impress in presentation and in taste. It is clear that this gentleman is one of the most talented chefs this area has to offer and his Moroccan ancestory and Mitchillin Star training really shines through in his creations.
The restaurant itself is situated in Weymouth town centre, and although the views are not all to be desired as soon as you step into the restaurant you are transported to a far away land. The atmosphere is warm and friendly and the staff are first class, possibly some of the most attentive and considerate I have ever had the pleasure of being served by.
The decor and ambience that has been set in the upstairs and downstairs restaurants is both modern and homely. The tables are well spaced and the seating exceptionally comfortable, you could not ask for a better place to rest and eat after a long day. To my surprise the kitchen is open planned and although you hear of Gordon Ramsayesque tantrums chefs and staff are famous for behind the scenes, we could not have found such a polar opposite. It is refreshing and utterly lovely to notice the way in which the staff interact with each other here, they are all smiles and giggles, in addition you will often hear bouts of laughter erupting while they are working.
Overall I have not found a better dining experience in Dorset. If you have not visited I could not more strongly recommend you do. The food is Devine, the staff polite, attentive and (handsome), and the atmosphere simply wonderful. Be careful though once you have been there, you will surely want to return.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Nottingham
“Why oh why oh why”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

did I not happen on The Dining Room at the beginning of my stay in Weymouth rather than at the end? I was here for 4 days on a course in Dorchester, and admittedly have had some nice food during my stay. Stumbled on The Dining Room on the Internet on the last day. I was the only diner shortly after 7pm, was greeted by Sophie, engaged in conversation by a waiter who was not even on duty at the time (he recommended and made a cocktail for me) and then my order was taken by an equally conversational young man. I had Salmon and lime tartare, followed by Scallops Chorizo and Samphire. Chocolate brownie and ice cream for pud. A glass of wine and an excellent coffee all for less than £30 (there is a weekday three course for £20 option).
The restaurant was not at all busy during my visit. I can't help thinking that the 3 course for £20 option should be more prominently promoted. I only came across it because it scrolled by on one of the website banners. Could have easily been missed! A wider promotion might stimulate more interest in a restaurant that I think deserves it. If I return to Weymouth, I'll certainly return to the Dining Room. Thanks.

Soph_KJ, Owner at The Dining Room, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your evening. Our week night promotion has been promoted on facebook and twitter but this time of year is rather quiet in Weymouth. Everyone seems to be preparing for a very busy December! We really look forward to your next visit.
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Wowzer!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Booked last minute as liked the look from the outside. We were so pleased as had a fabulous evening! We were only in Weymouth for 2 nights so knew nothing about the area.
The food was amazing the main courses were to die for especially the pork and the lamb.
The service was entertaining for all the right reasons! Our waiter was hilarious and made our evening.
The chef/owner came and had a drink with us at the end of the night which we thought was a great personal touch. He even offered,to our men (who had been fishing all day and had a great catch) that he would be happy to cook our fish for us next time!
All in all it was a fab night and we would definitely book again.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Soph_KJ, Owner at The Dining Room, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful review. Please do bring in your catch next time! See you soon.
Altrincham, United Kingdom
“Exceptional”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Far exceeded expectations. Excellent food with some original twists. Attentive, friendly service. Great evening.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere