“Great food.” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
“Great food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I have eaten curries all over the world and this was up there with my top ten...we had an excellent night and lovely food... the decor could do with refreshing... recommended.

Visited October 2012

Bangkok
“Sorry but nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Although the decor is nice and the Zafran certainly looks the part, I think it's the first time I've ever been to an Indian restaurant - and trust me I've been to a few - where I've left still hungry. Both myself and my brother thought the portions were a bit on the miserly side and I thought prices were quite high for this standard of Indian restaurant. In addition, although the service wasn't unfriendly, it certainly wasn't warm and welcoming. A couple of the waiters had an air of arrogance about them. Probably wouldn't go back. Simply too expensive for what was offered.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
swindon
“good authentic fare”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

We visited as a party of 4. the restaurant was just less than than half full so the service was good, but most importantly the food was good. We took starters which were all nice (mixed kebab,bhajis ,pakora ,poppadums and dips). The mains were also really nice (Dansak, balti, korai,bhuna and sides of Chapati,nan, veg bhaji and mushroom bhaji.The drinks were as usual a bit expensive but we were here to eat and it was all very nice

Visited November 2011
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely find!! Would visit again.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

We researched the Indians in Weymouth before booking one and we were glad we picked Zafran. The restaurant is intimate and cosy. We had a booth table. The dishes were good sizes and very reasonably priced. The service was attentive but not over bearing. A real gem!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Alford, United Kingdom
“Very average.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I dined in here on my own on a Sunday evening. The staff were very pleasant and helpful, but the food was completely underwhelming. I had a mild prawn curry, it was very sweet and had a peculiar, almost soapy flavour. Despite having food warmers on the table the food was not very hot. The restaurant is very contemporary in decor and lacked atmosphere. The room was very small and I found it uncomfortable being on my own, as I felt I was listening in to other diners' conversations as there was no background music playing. The meal was reasonably priced. Next time I'm in Weymouth I think I will try one of the other Indian restaurants.

• Visited September 2012