“Stay there” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wenlock House

You added Wenlock House to your Saves list
Wenlock House
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   107 The Esplanade, Weymouth DT4 7EE, England   |
Ranked #109 of 161 Weymouth B&B and Inns
“Stay there”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011 via mobile

We have just come back from a weekend stay at wenlock house. Fab room. Great breakfast. Fridge in the room for wine and a bril seaview. Close to everything while yr car is secure in free garage parking. Cant wait to book again

• Stayed August 2011

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Billericay
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

We paid reasonable money, £320 for two rooms for two nights bed and breakfast. The rooms are what you expect and were reasonable, but the breakfasts were an absolute disaster. This is not just a one off, it was bad both mornings. When discussed it with the landlady she advised me they do not do refunds and they have never had complaints before, which is not true, as I heard other people complaining over the breakfast on the same mornings as mine, so if you stay at this accommodation, do not have the breakfasts. Ask for bed only.

P.S. Ask for the beds with no stains on the sheets.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
milton keynes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

We have just return from an 11 night stay at the Wenlock. When we arrived the hotel owner was very helpful and extremley welcoming. The room are beauiful, very clean, and have everthing you need even down to the fridge with fresh milk provided. We had rooms 8 &9 both with sea views. Breakfast was very filling with a good choice on the menu, the staff are very attentive and nothing it to much trouble.
A wonderful hotel to stay at and made our holiday so much more special.

Thank you for a fantastic stay and we will be back.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Vienna, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

I am an Austrian citizen, who had the chance to live and work in the Weymouth-area for some years in the seventies.
I liked my stay there because of the beauty of the surrounding landscape, the sea and the numerous historical places in that area.
After my return to Austria I developed an inner wish to visit this area as often as I possibly could. An intensive search for an hotel up to my taste, being in central position in Weymouth, close by the sea with a beautiful sea view, was finally successful, when I found the Hotel Wenlock on the Esplanade near the „clock“. The rooms are friendly, best cared and well equipped. The hotel provides a good service- in particular I always have been enjoying the genuine English-breakfast, I usually don’t get in my country.
I have been staying now in this hotel since many years, providing me „English feeling“ at it’s best. I can recommend this place, and personally I`m looking forward to my next visit to Weymouth.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
pontypridd
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

As soon as we opened the door of room 10 we new we would be happy with our stay.
It was bright well decorated and very clean,nice crisp white sheets on the bed the toilet/shower room was very well appointed,with hot water at all times,towels were changed daily.
Car parking is a horror in Weymouth but no problem at the Wenlock.
You will be given a garage to keep your car in and your own key so that you can get it and lock it away again at what ever time you wish.
Another bonus with a garage is no seagulls mess on the car.
Full english breakfast was good and very hot but could do with one more rasher of bacon.
You have a selection of meals for breakfast so the above comment may not bother you.
The location is also very good its right by Weymouths famous clock.
Its no more than a 5 mins level walk to the town and another 2 to the very atractive harbour.
We really enjoyed our stay and will be going back to the Wenlock at another time.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Merthyr Tydfil, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2011

Stayed for four nights, Mum and Dad (80 and 82) and my friend and I, for respite following Mum's major op last winter. What a welcome- warm and pleasant, hosts and staff who couldn't do enough for us. Relaxed immediately. Rooms (7 and 10) and hotel itself very clean, comfortable and restful. Breakfasts varied, and cooked well, served quickly, with every request met quickly and pleasantly. Location central and despite rain and wind, still enjoyed the break -must be glorious in sunshine. Great Italian restaurant and fish and chip restaurant only doors away, cross the road to promenade, sit in the covered bench area and contemplate fabulous arc of the beach, sea view and beautiful sweep of the coastal hills. Loved it, recommend Wenlock House highly with confidence. Many thanks to staff for helping make our break a lovely one, hope to see you again soon.

Room Tip: 7 & 10 quiet and restful, no sea view.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

We've stayed at the Wenlock for long weekend breaks for many years. We spend a lot of time in Weymouth and know the area and it's businesses well. The fact that we keep returning here, when Weymouth is full of similar types of accomodation speaks volumes. We always find the family-run atmosphere warm and welcoming, the bedrooms top-notch and comfortable, and the breakfasts served good quality and well cooked / presented (the haddock and eggs is a personal favorite!!).
I'd recommend staying at the Wenlock to anyone wanting to visit Weymouth.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms provide a stunning view of the bay.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Wenlock House? Share your experiences!