“service at its best” 4 of 5 stars

You added Roundhouse Hotel to your Saves list
Roundhouse Hotel
1 The Esplanade, Weymouth DT4 8EA, England   |
Special Price
LOOK HERE FOR BEST RATES!
Ranked #18 of 157 Weymouth B&B and Inns
hertfordshire
“service at its best”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Just returned from the Roundhouse. We had room 1 which had views of both the sea and harbour. It was a great location with great walks. Convient location for all aspects that Weymouth has to offer. Nothing was too much trouble, special little touches are appreciated. Personally enjoyed the unusual decor which gives the place an inviduality. We appreciated the help with luggage and Keith was helpful and available at all times, as said service at its best. We put average for sleep but we think that is a very personal point of view as we like a soft bed which is not the norm for b + b/hotels .

Room Tip: Only know rooms 1 and 2 and if you want large rooms with great views these are great.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Keith M, Owner at Roundhouse Hotel, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Many thanks for taking the time and trouble to review the Roundhouse - it's much appreciated. I was very glad to read how much you enjoyed your stay, and I was pleased that you appreciate our individuality! As you know I was very sorry that the bed in your room wasn't quite to your liking - I'll definitely have a look out for the memory foam mattress toppers you mentioned. I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the Roundhouse soon.

190 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Swindon, Wiltshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

My wife and I had a most enjoyable two night break - would be more than happy to have stayed longer and have recommended it to all our friends and family.
Superb location and lovely views. Excellent full English breakfast. Clean and comfortable.
Nothing is too much trouble for Keith the owner.

Keith M, Owner at Roundhouse Hotel, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review for the Roundhouse. I was very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and I was particularly pleased to read that you have recommended us to others. Word of mouth is very important for us. I hope to see you at the Roundhouse again soon!
lincolnshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

we have just returned from a two night break at the roundhouse,this hotel is clean,bright with all the comforts you could wish for.The views from room 2 are amazing overlooking the entire bay and if thats not enough theres the harbour views too.breakfast was very nice ,this hotel is well positioned at the end of the seafront and harbour.we will definatly be returning to this top quality hotel.

Room Tip: room 2 for stunning views of the bay and harbour
Keith M, Owner at Roundhouse Hotel, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to review the Roundhouse.It was great to read how much you enjoyed your stay and I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the Roundhouse soon!
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We would definitely return to this well-positioned hotel with it's amazing views. The owner made great efforts to ensure we had a good stay and cooks THE BEST freshly cooked (huge!) English breakfast. The interior decor is really interesting with lots of thoughtful extra little details.

Room Tip: Stay in room 2 or 4 for doubly-good views - both the beach out front and the harbour from the side.
Keith M, Owner at Roundhouse Hotel, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to review the Roundhouse. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and particularly glad that you enjoyed the breakfast! I look forward to seeing you at the Roundhouse again soon.
Best regards.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I came here with my husband and children on the 7th to the 10th of April. Our stay at the Roundhouse was for 3 nights and we had rooms 5 and 6,these rooms were very clean and comfortable with great views of harbour with tall ships and the lovely beach views also. Breakfast was enjoyable and Keith the owner was very friendly and helpful. It was great to have the parking permit(£5 per day) which was ideal for parking locally, I would highly recommend the Roundhouse when visiting Weymouth if it is not already FULLY BOOKED!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Keith M, Owner at Roundhouse Hotel, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to review the Roundhouse. I was very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Mere, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Lovely large room with windows on both sides, beach and harbour. The nice touch was the small table with 2 comfortable chairs to sit and look out over Weymouth esplanade. Good firm double bed with a warm quilt. Decoration was a bit eclectic but clean and warm. Good shower room. Very good full breakfast, plenty of tea and toast as well. A bit of a trek up to the third floor with luggage if you are not in good shape. The reason for 4* is that you have to pay for parking on top, other hotels in area don't charge. But might go back again as location is good and it's not too hard to find parking close by.

Keith M, Owner at Roundhouse Hotel, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to review the Roundhouse. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and I'm glad that you were able to appreciate the views that our dual aspect rooms offer.
Every hotel has a selling point. A couple of hotels in Weymouth have a gym, there are some that offer very limited numbers of free parking permits, but I believe I am right in saying that due to our location and the design of the building, one of our attractions is in being the only hotel in Weymouth with all of our uniquely furnished and decorated rooms offering views of both Weymouth Bay AND the historic 17th century harbour.
If we have one of our parking permits available (and like most smaller hotels/B&Bs we only have 2) we make a small charge of just £5.00 per 24 hours - a massive saving on the pay and display price.

Once again thank you for sharing your thoughts and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Roundhouse in the future.
Tamworth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I booked this through booking.com and was a little disappointed with my room (no. 6). It was on the top floor in the attic space. It was spacious, but only had a small window overlooking the bay and a tiny skylight towards the harbour. I was expecting a room in the 'round' part of the building with a big window overlooking the sea. The room was nicely decorated and very clean, but my advise for when you book is to make sure you know which room you are getting. The bathroom had a large corner bath with a shower over the top. Because the room is in the attic there is a height restriction and my 6 foot husband couldn't quite fit underneath the showerhead! The sink is in the bedroom which was OK, but I think it would have been better to put a shower unit in the bathroom instead of the bath and then the sink would have fitted into the bathroom. There are toiletries supplied in room along with shower cap and nail files. Breakfast is continental with full english available at a supplement. Apart from my disappointment with the room, I found the room very comfortable, spotlessley clean and the location of this establishment is excellent.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Keith M, Owner at Roundhouse Hotel, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to review the Roundhouse. I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to Weymouth in the future.
I would just like to clarify though that the room you stayed in was the room that you specifically booked - even calling me to request that the twin beds were converted to a double.
The third party site that you used for booking carries photographs of all our rooms and those of that particular room type do not suggest anything other than how the room actually appears. The fact that it is on the top floor and has smaller windows than the some of the other rooms is reflected in the price of the room - having the lowest rate - and more than compensated for by the magnificent views from those smaller windows (please see guest photos on this site).
As you quite rightly point out, the ceilings in the top floor rooms are lower than the rest of the building and this is the reason for offering an over bath shower. If there was a freestanding shower, our taller guests may still find the shower not quite high enough, but wouldn't have the alternative of a bath.
Once again many thanks for taking the time to leave a review and for sharing your thoughts.
Best regards

Been to Roundhouse Hotel? Share your experiences!