“Brilliant!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Weymouth, United Kingdom
“Brilliant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

We went as a party of 6 adults. We had cracked crab claws for starters, I had skate wing with mussels for main and white chocolate cheesecake for dessert but was fab. We all enjoyed our food. The service was excellent. Well done to the chef! Would certainly eat here again x

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

90% Recommend
andover
“Dissapointing, compared to the other reviews”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We chose this restaurant because of the reviews that it has had on this website (which are usually spot on), however we felt a bit let down. Whilst everything was ok, it wasnt exceptional. As you would expect the majority of the food on the menu was fish, whilst they all sounded amazing (sea bass with spinach and sweet chilli sauce or garlic crab claws) when they arrived they tasted rather bland, not unpleasant, just nothing amazing.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Weymouth, United Kingdom
“Food to die for”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We are very lucky to live locally, and having found Floods we are regular visitors. Why? It is the best fish restaurant in Weymouth. One must always book as even in winter they are always booked solid. Does this explain anything? It has to be said that I'm a massive fish fancier, but my wife prefers meat dishes. Floods caters very well for both of us. So we started with scallops for my wife and a large bowl of mussels for me, my wife then had a beautiful beef strogonoff and I had the crab claws, these were served with a side dish of fantastic dauphinois potatoes, red cabbage and carrots. This was followed by almagnac and prune creme brulee and a pannacotta all washed down with a lovely bottle of white wine. The ambience of the restaurant is greatly enhanced by the very friendly staff who are very good at explaining the dishes if necessary, and if customers do come in having not booked they will always try to accomodate them by perhaps taking a phone number and if a table becomes empty earlier than they thought they will ring the people and offer it to them; if this is not possible they will recommend other restaurants to try. This restaurant is a must for all seafood lovers!
Date of visit 23/11/12

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“You will not be disappointed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

You may well need to book early to get in. Good choice of fresh fish but also caters for meat eaters. Superbly presented food. Premises leave a bit to be desired, no character utilitarian. Friendly and experienced staff. A pleasure. Definitely on my list of places to return to.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Camberley, United Kingdom
“Very generous portions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We were lucky enough to be be offered a table that was booked for 9pm if we were finished by 7pm - two hours would be plenty of time for dinner- as theywere full really. I'd chosen Floods because of the reviews here and because we like fish. I had butterflied sardines to start; my husband the crab salad- both came with a very nice salad. My husband had a good sized portion of crab meat. For mains I chose skate, hubby, sea bass. They were both very tasty but mine consisted of two meaty skate wings and it was just too much. One would have been adequate for slighly less money. I left virtually all of one wing and I'm not a waif who worries about every morsel passing my lips. I hate having to put good food in the bin.
The side vegetables were OK - the potato dauphinoise was over peppered by far unfortunately and the red cabbage a little dull.
There were obviously regulars coming into the restaurant who love it - it does attract a mainly older clientele, or did last night.
We will be down to Weymouth once a year from now on and will probably give other restaurants a go next time.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere