“Excellant from start to finish” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added The Esplanade to your Saves list
and 1 more site!
The Esplanade
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   141 The Esplanade, Weymouth DT4 7NJ, England   |
Ranked #38 of 157 Weymouth B&B and Inns
Littlehampton
“Excellant from start to finish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

My first impression when I phoned for availability was that Rob was very helpful and welcoming,that impression stayed with us all through our stay in the Bellevue suite.From our arrival until we checked out Rob and his staff were friendly and obliging.
The breakfasts were delicious and plentiful,our rooms were well appointed but a little "tired" in a nice way.The view over Weymouth Bay is great,even in the rain.
Rob even arranged for the Olympic torch to pass in front of the Hotel on the morning of our departure !!
We will definately be back !

Room Tip: Seafront rooms are brighter
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

115 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Exmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at The Esplanade Hotel. The hotel is within 5-10 minutes walk to town and is opposite the beach. My room was clean, well presented and had a nice neutral decor. A tea/coffee making tray was provided, as was a hairdryer. My room was on the ground floor and had an easily accessible shower in the en-suite bathroom. The breakfasts were good with plenty of choice. The lounge on the first floor has great views over the bay and was a comfortable place to relax.  Nothing was too much trouble for Rob and his staff. They were all friendly and I was made to feel very welcome. I felt "at home" during my stay. I would give The Esplanade and it's staff 5 stars and I would recommend The Esplanade to anyone wanting to stay at a B&B in Weymouth.

Room Tip: Both ground floor rooms are at the back. Much quieter than those on the front. They are disabled fri...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Derbyshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

Hotel and room was clean and comfortable with a beautiful sea view. Lovely breakfasts (a vast choice) and owner Rob, couldn't make us more welcome. Loved the little extras including toiletries, dressing gowns, etc. Thanks to Rob for looking after us, even being available to make a late breakfast for us when we had to attend the hospital for an emergency. Would definately like to make another visit in the future.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Horsham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

very enjoyable weekend in Weymouth made even better thanks to staying at the Esplanade.
Rob the owner was very friendly and helpfull. spacious, clean and comftable rooms, super breakfast with a extensive menu and a fantastic lounge area with honesty bar which we put to good use! many thanks to Rob and his hardworking and friendly staff.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Stockport, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

Really lovely hotel and super hosts. A nice change for business travel! Lots of personal touches which make for a really nice stay... will definitely come again if I'm ever that way in the future...

Room Tip: rooms are lovely, although light sleepers may prefer rooms at the back of the hotel!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Bonjournobob, Owner at The Esplanade, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
Thank you for taking time to leave feedback and I think you are correct that the back of the house is quieter than those rooms with the sea views. I am lucky, I could sleep if my bed was on fire so when I test the rooms, there aren't any I find noisy; which isn't the most helpful for guests haha.

I am glad that you had a good stay and I would love to see you again if you were ever travelling back this way.

Kind regards.

Exeter, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

We have just returned from a trip along the Jurassic coast. We stayed at the Esplanade B&B, and we can honestly say we could not have had a better welcome and friendlier service anywhere.
Rob the owner was charming and so helpful. The room was clean and comfortable and the breakfast superb with plenty of choice and good locally sourced food.
We would highly recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Bonjournobob, Owner at The Esplanade, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
It is great to hear that you enjoyed your time at The Esplanade, and thank you for your kind personal comments. I do enjoy my job, meeting people and sharing my local knowledge - or lack of it haha. I am also glad that you appreciated the sourcing of local produce. We do try to get things from local suppliers where possible (and the quality is good) and to keeping the 'food miles' to a minimum. This is not always possible but where there is a will, there is a way.

Thanks once again and I hope to see you again.

Kind regards

worthing england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

robs a really good host. very welcoming. fantastic scrambled eggs with smoked haddock !

Room Tip: sea view rooms wonderful, Charlotte room not the best one they have.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Bonjournobob, Owner at The Esplanade, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
I am glad you had a good time at The Esplanade and appreciated the effort that we put in to keeping the hotel clean and the quality ingredients that go in to breakfast. We do our best to source as many local ingredients as possible.

Thank you for taking the time to feedback as it is from your comments that I can make improvements to teh way that we operate.

Kind regards and I hope to see you again.

Proprietor

Been to The Esplanade? Share your experiences!