“weekend break” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Acqua Beach Weymouth

and 1 more site!
You added Acqua Beach Weymouth to your Saves list
Acqua Beach Weymouth
3.0 of 5 Guest house   |   131 The Esplanade | Dorset, Weymouth DT4 7EY, England (Formerly Concorde Hotel)   |
Ranked #91 of 161 Weymouth B&B and Inns
Bath, United Kingdom
“weekend break”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

My friend and I spent a weekend in Aqua Beach. Charlotte and her staff made us very welcome and looked after us really well...all very friendly and helpful. Room was clean and comfortable, breakfast was very nice and cocktails delicious, would certainly say it is value for money. Thank you Charlotte and Co..

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Spent a weekend here with some friends. Charlotte the owner really looked after us. Food was good. Nice views. Great location. The downstairs area of the Hotel is nicely decorated. Really want to thank Charlotte for looking after a group of lads and making sure our stay was perfect.

Canberra, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I had a lovely room on the first floor with a little balcony outside and floor to ceiling windows - bright and airy with views over the promenade and beach. But rooms located where passers-by can just look in at you should have privacy curtains, otherwise curtains have to be closed 24 hours a day - which negates the view you paid for.
The full length curtains were useless as the fabric was too heavy to pull across the window - evidenced by the fact that all the curtain rods were bent or broken, so you had to try to reach up to drag as much curtain across the window as you could physically reach - and wedge a chair against it to stop them falling open! I went as far as having to use big safety pins to pin them together, but even then, the tops of the curtains were open - so much for keeping the daylight out. I actually left a note to ask them to fix my curtains or give me more safety pins! All they did was re-attach the drawing rod - which still broke away in my hand!
The shower was a masterpiece! It looked like a "beam me up Scotty" affair with so many knobs and computers I thought I'd entered the Tardis! After 5 days I still couldn't work it properly without a dribble or a drench.
The lighting was a subdued lilac light under a ceiling panel - but two of the globes didn't work.
My opinion of this property is that they should spend more money on basics - like essential decent window-coverings (lightweight blackout curtains) - than space age technology in the bathroom!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with decent curtains!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

I recently went on a group holiday with some friends to this lovely beachview hotel. Nice room, very spacious bathroom, very light, all the amenities. The best bit, however, was the lovely proprietor who accommodated our every request, cooked us lovely food, gave us the inside scoop on the best local spots and didn't bat an eyelid when we turned up a little late for breakfast on our last morning. Thank you very much again to you, Charlotte, you made our trip!

Oxford, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

I hired the whole hotel for group holiday last weekend and we had a great experience. The location was perfect and the rooms were clean & comfortable. Charlotte was a great host, along with her staff, who were friendly and helpful. We had really tasty dinner and two breakfasts and also enjoyed many a cocktail at the bar! I would definitely recommend to anyone who is going to Weymouth.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
sulzc, Owner at Acqua Beach Weymouth, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Oooh, it's been ages and I'm only just responding to your lovely review! Thank you so much! It was a fabulous weekend wasn't it? So glad you had a lovely time, we really enjoyed having you come and sample the delights of AcQua Beach and Weymouth. Don't forget to tell all your friends :)
All the best
Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We had three days here, paying £95 per night for a double room at what looked like a nice hotel. The room had a double bed and a triple bunk bed with a shower that was not totally clean and very small. After complaining we did get a double room at a small discount which we were satisfied with. However, on our journey home we were called and told we had left without paying, when we had paid cash on the morning of booking in. The excuse for forgetting this was that she was busy and had forgotten. This is very poor management in my eyes. Would not stay again. The house keeper was very helpful and accommodating during our stay.

Room Tip: Visit first and don't pay the balance until you have seen the room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
sulzc, Owner at Acqua Beach Weymouth, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear Peter,
I'm sorry to have received this review, as I did believe we had resolved this after our phone calls. I have apologised profusely about attempting to double charge you, fortunately your credit card was declined. As I stated, I have been working ridiculously long hours over the summer season with weeks without a day off and I am not excusing my behaviour, but I did think the reason went some way to explaining why the error had occurred. It was resolved immediately.
I also explained why I gave you what I considered to be a superior room with two beautiful Georgian windows over looking the sea, rather than the smaller room next door, with one window, which you said you were happy with.
Best regards,
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

On arrival at aqua beach we was very impressed by the modern decor and friendly welcome.
Stayed in room 9 which on opening the door there's a very bad mouldy damp smell. The room is small but fine for a couple. The shower room smelt had stains on the carpet around the toilet as when flushed the toilet leaked. Mildew was also on and around shower screen and shower head was full with limescale too!

The net curtain were stained the curtain where hanging off the curtain rail and there's mildew in the corner on the windows.

On dropping my moisturiser under bed bed, it was absolutely filthy. Crisp packet bits of food and a child's sock not to mention the amount of dust and dirt.

Breakfast was very nice but small.

Wouldn't stay again.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Guest,

I'm sorry to have received this review, I wish you had spoken to me at the time. I'm glad you had a lovely welcome, we pride ourselves on our customer service.
I take any complaints very seriously, particularly ones with regards to cleanliness. The day that you posted this review, I spoke at length to housekeeping and all the beds in all the rooms have been pulled out and cleaned under. The toilet was apparently leaking from the cistern which fills the bowl, please note that this was fixed immediately I was advised about it. I'm very surprised to see your comments about the shower head, we don't suffer any limescale here as we have a water softener, I have asked housekeeping to report back on this.

I'm also very surprised to see your comments about breakfast being small. At breakfast, guests can help themselves to a selection of fruit juices, fruit, yoghurts and cereals. There's tea, coffee or hot chocolate and as much toast as you can eat, plus a Full English breakfast.... if you can eat more than that, I'd be astonished.

I do hope that this response is helpful, but please in future speak to management immediately if there's an issue.

Best regards,
Charlotte

Been to Acqua Beach Weymouth? Share your experiences!