“best meal” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
“best meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

What a lovely meal we had, possibly the best meal of our holiday.
Good menu variety with meat, fish, veggie and a range of different children's meals which included steak. My daughter was most pleased about this especially as it was cooked to her liking, some restaurants don't do this. My son had the chicken breast with melted cheese, new potatoes and veg, this was gone in a flash.
My husband had the mixed grill which had a good selection of meat but was not for the small appetite, it was enormous which suited him. I had the hake with chorizo and peppers, scrummy.
Pudding was fab too.
Overall a nice restaurant with a good atmosphere, friendly staff and great food.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Food Great, Service Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

Loved it. Ate there once for breakfast and twice for dinner (having a mixed grill both times). Would highly recommend this hidden gem.

London, United Kingdom
“Lovely food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Came here for a late supper and was lovely. Had spinach lasagne with garlic bread and chips. It was to die for and washed down perfectly with a merlot. The only thing I wld say is vegetarian dishes don't all come with chips and are extra which is not the same for meat dishes. Waitresses were helpful and friendly and we very much enjoyed the atmosphere

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Yummy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

We went for a walk to find somewhere to eat and found this little gem. Peering in from the outside, it looks a little dark and unwelcoming outside, but we were given a warm welcome by the staff.
They wet a little slow at coming to take our food order, but once they did, the food came quickly. My brother and I got garlic mushrooms to start which were gorgeous. My hubby and daughter went for the mussels to share. When the portions came they were huge! The mains came and again they were massive. The kids meals for the money are brilliant value. My husband got the mixed grill which came on a plate I don't ever think I've seen one as big before. He enjoyed it all. I went for tempura veg which was gorgeous, but you get so much, with rice, salad and a plate of garlic bread! I couldn't eat even half of it. We all thoroughly enjoyed our meals and would go back if we ever returned to Weymouth again.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“great grub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

Popped in for lunch, the food was excellent and very reasonable on price. The kids menu was actually made with kids in mind (unlike some other places). Fish fingers and chips, sausage and chips etc.

We had Chilli con carne (not greasy, tasted freshly made) and Gammon (huge piece - 2x large pineapple rings couldn't cover the meat!) all nicely presented. treated the family of 4 to lunch and drinks for under £30. Seating outside if the weather holds out

Visited August 2014