Lacey's guest house is a good place to stay if you like rules or you are an older couple without children. We booked to stay ther as three girls all in our late 20's early 30's we are not a hen party or a riotous bunch of girls. We was met by the owner named Nigel who gave us a very comprehensive unnecessary handover of filling in forms and registering with the place a very similar sysetem as to when you register with the local authority abroad! He asked for home address and phone numbers individually it was a tedious process after a 5 hour journey. There was also a welcome booklet of info of the b and b again a little over the top. We were informed that breakfast was between 8-8.30 which I commented on being early to which the response was " I always tell people when they remark about breakfast being early they should go to a 5* hotel if they are not happy" which I thought Was very bad customer service and was rather rude. I felt that as a group of young ladies that they were stereotyping us and unhappy to have us stay. There was a magnetic board which we were expected to move magnets to state whether we were in or out again a ridiculous unnecessary procedure when we returned for one of our nights out we did admittedly make a smiley face out of the magnets to which we received a light reprimand for at breakfast, so we naturally continued to make smiley faces only to eventually have the board removed.! Due to breakfast being so early we returned to bed for an hour after so put the do not disturb sign on the door so undrestandably we didn't get our room made up which was fine. However on going out on the second night we was met with the landlady Wendy who came out and asked if we had turned the lights off which was a genuine mistake we offered to go and turnthe lights off and her response was " don't worry I will do it again". This made sense as when we were out she Was entering our room moving hair dryers straighteners closing windows however not making the beds up now while I understand that it is there house and business I felt this was a huge invasion of privacy we had paid for the room and I felt her entering it without consultation or reason and then moving our property was very inappropriate. On our last day our breakfast was missing beans which they did offer to rectify and we was reminded that the check out was 10 am it was 8:50 and when we commented it was only 8:50 we was met with the response of I was only reminding you so you don't forget. He then went and informed his wife that he had told us as we heard him from the dining room. On leaving they stood in the foyer when we put our bags outside the closed the door and didn't say bye, which summed up our experience and the general opinion of us. Overall the food was average cleanliness excellent customer service selective to who you are and invasion of privacy awful. I wouldn't stay here again and wouldn't recommend this b and b to my friends however I would say that older couples would be made to feel more welcome.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lacey's Guest House is situated in an excellent spot close to the beach, harbour, railway station and town centre. For those who wish to come by car, we have plenty of on-site parking so you can enjoy Weymouth without using your car. We offer well equipped rooms (4 en-suite) all with Tea & Coffee making facilities, colour TV/DVD (all with catch-up channels), Clock Radio, Hairdryer and 5 double mains sockets. Rooms are centrally heated with FREE WiFi and hard-wired Internet. A new bathroom has been installed on our top floor which is only shared by 2 standard rooms (a maximum of 3 people). This can become a family suite. Restrictions: No children under 5. No single sex groups. No pets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Lacey's Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lacey`s Guest House Hotel Weymouth
- Lacey's Guest House Weymouth, Dorset